Romte Control on PocketPC and onther Device (1 Viewer)

P

plagnioj

I'm starting to develop an application thah allow to control mediaportal via webservices or an serveurs.

I'm going to develop this application on Windows( All version : 9x,2000,XP,2003 and mobile verision: CE mobile 2003, MacOSX, Linux, Palm, Symbian.

If someone is intrest to help me.

patpotlood

Portal Member
September 27, 2004
pocket pc remote
this would be really great.

i'm no programmer,
but if you need some graphic stuff for the interface, i can help

P

plagnioj

That's exactly what I want.

Move in MP and exemple see the TV's guide and planing a record whitout change the curent viewing in the screen and change channel if I want it.

But I like to qeep the goog interface of MP on the differente devices.

If I can the same skin.

FullMoon

Portal Member
October 10, 2004
Sure, but then you have to build a plugin for media portal, and the fact tha tyou have to buy netremote for 20-30 dollars kinda defeats the whole free software concept.

Currently I see they have a plugin for winamp, you can get a free web based plugin called webamp that interactively lets you drowse your music libraries from a pocketpc. I use this now, I am hoping to have a plugin work with MP instead so I don't need winamp on my htpc computer, one less program to launch and maintain.

MrSensitive

Portal Pro
May 18, 2004
Belgium
I'm currently toying with a trial of netremote.
It is not the holy grail... :|

creating custom screens is difficult, not intuitive..
it is practically useless without girder on the HTPC (more money)

there is e plugin for MediaPlayer called a mediagateway.

on my system it has crashed more than the songs i played using it..

oh, and designing screens is ... difficult :roll:

maxtrash

Portal Pro
November 27, 2004
Tilburg, Netherlands
I've bought a copy of netremote and it's a great piece of software well worth it's money. I agree that it's more likely for netremote to create a plugin for media portal than the other way around because of the fact that it's not free. I think creating a way to connect to MCE is higher on their priority list. Unfortunately not too many people seem to be using media portal in their community.
but who knows, I was exited to find this post
http://www.promixis.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=10497&highlight=mediaportal

As far as the tool to create the GUI on the pocketpc (Tonto): it's not the easiest of programs. They started making their own editor. There are great examples of premade skins that you can take as a starting point
http://www.promixis.com/gallery_detail.php?gal_id=79

P

plagnioj

I known netremote but I want tu develop an application that can be running on the most OS.
And I want it GNU GPL. and Free4ever.

N

neguso

great ideea, i have a windows mobile 2003SE smartphone and i will be delighted to use it as a bluetooth remote for MP :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom