RTL2832U (REALTEK DTV Filter) re-appears with new card ID in TV server after something? (1 Viewer)

AndreT

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 22, 2012
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hello,

I have 3x Realtek RTL2832U usb DVB-T tuners in my MP1 TV Server. They appear as REALTEK DTV Filter with unique card IDs and device instance paths.

After some time (weeks, months ?), in TV Server one of them changes to status unknown and re-appears with a new card ID and new device instance path. I know this matches up with the same entry in Device Manager, so it must be happening outside of MP. I've seen this previously when I unplug and re-plug the same tuner into a different USB port.

Something is causing the device instance path to change when multiple usb tuners are used. Probably monthly / weekly Windows updates that require a reboot. (Win10 x64 - 1903). I'm using Realtek drivers v64.1.801.2012 as the detected MS drivers don't seem to work at all. Is anyone else using newer drivers with success? Version and DL link please?

Can I force a specific usb tuner once seen to retain its device instance path and present consistently to TV Server as the same card?

Is there an easy way in Device Manager and MP TV Server to rename and identify multiple hardware devices that are identical? Eg Card1, Card2, Card3 etc

I don't think this issue is MP related but I can submit logs if requested. It would be a tough one to capture as I can't trigger it manually.

Any help or advice is appreciated.

Cheers,
    Andre

henrysinn

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2009
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi @AndreT / others

Where did you get Realtek drivers v64.1.801.2012 ?
    My latest Win 10 has Realtek drivers v64.1.801.2010
    MP sees card but scans fail

AndreT

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 22, 2012
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Solved via download in link in http://www.users.on.net/~learoy/Installing RTL.pdf / as attached

Nice find there Mr Henry. Wish I had that guide when I stumbled through the driver nightmare that is this device. Attached my copy of the driver zip in case the external web version disappears one day.

There is also the option in Device Manager to roll back the automatically installed Microsoft driver (2009/2010) to the working Realtek 2012 driver.
    I've now got 4x of these on my MP1 TV server working fine. Haven't seen another case of the original issue. Subsequent windows updates seem to restored USB stability.

Attachments

• Realtek_820T_64.1.801.2012.zip
      7.3 MB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom