Rtmputil (1 Viewer)

argd

Portal Member
August 17, 2010
Home Country
Russian Federation Russian Federation
Well, I did create a rtmputil.
But if it's rtmp (and not rtmpe) then the plugin *should* pick that up, and act accordingly
Hmm. So, OV now should understand links which look like
Code:
rtmp://site.base/rtmp<playpath>a.stream <swfUrl>http://www.web.site/script?ch=2 <pageUrl>http://www.web.site
?

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Re: OnlineVideos 0.31 (02.08.2011)

Hmm. So, OV now should understand links which look like
    Code:
    rtmp://site.base/rtmp<playpath>a.stream <swfUrl>http://www.web.site/script?ch=2 <pageUrl>http://www.web.site
    ?

if it's a simple rtmp url, which doesn't need any extras (swfurl,playpath, whatever) it already works with genericsiteutil.

If extra parameters are needed (like swfurl etc) then rtmputil is the one you need.

argd

Portal Member
    August 17, 2010
    Home Country

If extra parameters are needed (like swfurl etc) then rtmputil is the one you need.
    do you mean, util="RTMPutil" instead of "GenericSite"? is there any regex refernce available for this?

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

I think, the easiest way is get all the stuff that you want (categories,videolists and such) with the siteparser, and when you're satisfied, paste it in the onlinevideos.xml.

Then try to play a video in mediaportal, and check if it works.
    If not, check the log to see if there are any clues as to why that rtmnp-server won't give you the video, and try to find the extra params that you need (with rtmpdump f.e.)

Then replace genericsite with rtmp, and put in the missing params

argd

Portal Member
    August 17, 2010
    Home Country

ok, got it. thanks!

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Then replace genericsite with rtmp, and put in the missing params
    Well.... maybe it would be better to switch to a separate thread?
    I've checked some of site utils you uploaded, which use util="Rtmp". And surely have found a partial answer: all those additional params like <swfUrl>, <pageUrl>, <playpath> are to be converted into "fileUrlFormatString" as ?playpath={1}&swfUrl={2}&pageUrl={3}, but:
    1. there are only 3 possible named groups available - m0,m1,m2, so {3} would be impossible...
    2. what if, let's say, swfUrl contains add. GET params as well, with all those "?" and "&"?

If you write your own util, then the easiest thing to do is indeed build an url with the &swfurl={2} etc.

1: those are the only ones "preselectable" in the list. The genericsiteutil handles as many as you added (just keep adding m0 in the siteparser, and in the regex-text change the number)
    But this isn't going to work for creating the url with &swfurl={2} etc in it, because the generic util doesn't urlencode that stuff.

2: That I haven't encountered yet, and seems quite unlikely

However, you can also use the rtmp-util (like f.e. ketnet), there you can fill the extra params needed.

If you still have problems/questions: don't hesitate to ask, perhaps with some simple work on say, the rtmp-util, those problems can be solved easily

argd

Portal Member
    August 17, 2010
    Home Country
    So, what I want to say is many thanks to you! It looks like I found a way to make it works.
    Finally, I just omitted pageUrl param, was not needed in my case, and links with all those additional params and all those "?" and "&" were magically parsed by your util :)
    Will come back here next time I stick with rtmp website :)

argd

Portal Member
    August 17, 2010
    Home Country
    ...some more info about the rtmputil i discovered, as still haven't found an "official" reference.
    1. it supports live streams. but it seems "buffer" param is always ignored
    2. to build an url, rtmpdump manpage can be used, only thing to remember is short param names not supported - i.e. "swfVfy" will work, unlike "W".
    hope this could help someone

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom