RTSP Stream not working (1 Viewer)

mrceolla

Portal Pro
December 11, 2010
I'm using an EVO 3D.

I have MX Player and Mobo Player installed.

When I try to view an RTSP stream it will automatically launch Mobo Player, instead of asking me to select a player like with normal streaming, and then play for a second and then stop right away returning me to the previous aMPdroid screen.

Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong?

I'm running Windows Media Services on my network so I had to change the streaming port from 554 to 555 but aMPdroid seems to pick up that change as the correct path is reported in the little bubble at the bottom of the screen after the stream stops.

What could be going on?

Streaming movies works great via the Streaming Media Player. I'm still having trouble with recorded TV viewing and live TV viewing via the non-RTSP method, but there's another thread for that (https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ndroid-hq-quad-core-2-5ghz-101474/#post800165).

Thanks for any help.

Mike

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I'm using an EVO 3D.

I have MX Player and Mobo Player installed.

When I try to view an RTSP stream it will automatically launch Mobo Player, instead of asking me to select a player like with normal streaming, and then play for a second and then stop right away returning me to the previous aMPdroid screen.

Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong?

I'm running Windows Media Services on my network so I had to change the streaming port from 554 to 555 but aMPdroid seems to pick up that change as the correct path is reported in the little bubble at the bottom of the screen after the stream stops.

What could be going on?

Streaming movies works great via the Streaming Media Player. I'm still having trouble with recorded TV viewing and live TV viewing via the non-RTSP method, but there's another thread for that (https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ndroid-hq-quad-core-2-5ghz-101474/#post800165).

Thanks for any help.

Mike

RTSP streaming is a bit tricky, the best app I found for this is vPlayer. If it launches into MoboPlayer directly you probably have it as default app for this action (you can reset this in settings -> manage applications -> MoboPlayer).

There's really nothing I can do about the direct rtsp stream, sry.

The non-rtsp streaming with live tv (recorded tv should be fine) still has some problems with starting correctly, but we're working on it.

mrceolla

Portal Pro
    December 11, 2010
    Hmm. I did 'Clear Data' on Mobo but it still launches automatically when playing an RTSP stream. I didn't see anything about file associations. Perhaps MX Player doesn't play RTSP streams?

If anyone else has had success playing RTSP streams, please report your player and device.

Thanks,
    Mike

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    You shouldn't do clear data but reset defaults instead. It's lower on the screen.

4irm

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: RTSP Stream not working

RTSP streaming is a bit tricky, the best app I found for this is vPlayer. If it launches into MoboPlayer directly you probably have it as default app for this action (you can reset this in settings -> manage applications -> MoboPlayer).

There's really nothing I can do about the direct rtsp stream, sry.

The non-rtsp streaming with live tv (recorded tv should be fine) still has some problems with starting correctly, but we're working on it.

I bought vPlayer but it doesnt work with 1.0 preview.
    Anything else I have to take care of?

THX

MarkW

Portal Member
    April 24, 2012
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I have *exactly* the same problem. MoBo player launches by default even though MX Player is installed (and preferred). I went as far as to uninstall MoBo player, and now ampDroid doesn't do **anything** with the rtsp stream... nothing at all! Just sits there saying "duuuuuhhhhh"... At least with MoBo player installed it would launch it, and then fail :)

Surely there's a way to tell the system (either through ampDroid itself, or through some system setting) that rtsp feeds should be fed to a particular player by default??

???

martijnr17

Portal Pro
    November 15, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I have the same problem on my archos tablet. There is no default player set but it always plays with the player installed by archos and I want to use mx player.

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Just a heads up: not many players can even play this kind of stream... MxPlayer can't iirc, so the next player that has registered for this kind of video gets called...

Another issue is that aMPdroid opens the url that is returned by the tv server, which is usually the network name of the tv server (rtsp://myserver:554/stream2.0). Android has no inbuilt support for windows network names, so unless you have a dns server that resolves "myserver", this won't work either.

In the next version we will have a "Direct" profile, which will just remux the video stream into a ts container and stream it via http. This means very little server load and the original video quality, without all the headaches of the rtsp stream.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom