Running External application in My Program. (1 Viewer)

Alvinder

Portal Pro
May 19, 2006
Hi,

I have created an icon to run external programs. I am running the game ICE AGE 2 and i can only run this game once.

I am not able to run the game the second time. I need to exit the application and then relaunch media portal and then i can run the game again.

The problem is that i need to exit media protal which i don't want.

Please advise.

Alvinder

Molokoids

Portal Pro
April 22, 2004
Recently I've seen this kind of behaviour, but I'm not able to reproduce it systematically. Last time it happened, after I launched a game through my programe nothing happened and Mediaportal got back the focus. And the only way after that to launch a game was to restart MP.

I tried to fix it using configuration.exe with the "allow other application to get focus", but I have to dig deeper to see if it helps. I'll try to post a log, if it happens again.

Fidoboy

Portal Pro
April 27, 2006
Spain
Yes, i'm havving this kind of problems also, i think that it should be created a system for launching games, with this system, MP should be minimized and removed 'allways on top' feature... then when the game finish, mp restores and gain focus again... i have problems with games that when launching the screen goes black because the game was unable to gain focus... I think that this issue must be solved... the solution is easy i think....

Fidoboy

Portal Pro
April 27, 2006
Spain
Yep, but multishortcut doesn't allow to have multiple games organized together and using coverart... I like the MyPrograms concept, i can create a group to have all games classified. with multishortcut i take a lot of space in the home screen and there is screens that does not support it (like PM III that has a basic home screen)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom