Running problems since upgrade to 0.2.3RC2 (1 Viewer)

moviebuff03

Portal Pro
August 17, 2005
London, UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
TV-Server Version: --
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.3.0 RC2
MediaPortal Skin: Blue Two Wide
Windows Version: XP SP2 MCE 2005
CPU Type: Intel Duo Core 2 1.8GHz
HDD: Seagate 300GB
Memory: 1GB DDR2
Motherboard: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Motherboard Chipset: Intel 975X +Intel ICH7R
Motherboard Bios: AMI
Video Card: ATI Radeon HD2600PRO
Video Card Driver: 8.401.0.0 (Catalyst 7.8)
Sound Card: M-Audio Revolution 7.1
Sound Card AC3: AC3/SPDIF
Sound Card Driver: 1.0.328
1. TV Card: Cinergy 1400
1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
1. TV Card Driver: 5.0.18.0
2. TV Card: Cinergy 2400i Dual Tuner PCIe
2. TV Card Type: DVB-T
2. TV Card Driver: 1.0.3.266
3. TV Card: Compro T300
3. TV Card Type: DVB-T
3. TV Card Driver: 1.3.5.7
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: MPV
MPEG2 Audio Codec: MPA
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: Silverstone LC10
Cooling: Silverstone Passive
Power Supply: 500W
Remote: Microsoft
TV: 32" Sony HD Bravia
TV - HTPC Connection: DVI/HDMI

I really need some help here in getting MP back to how it ran previously and I encountered very little day to day problems, despite reading other comments. Powerscheduler issues and S3STR have been resolved in the new rebuild and was probably down to the old board.

So, since installing 2.3RC2 on a new XP clean install and updates, I am left with the following problems with MP. Ignoring/missing recordings
CPU spikes to 100% (read a post that it might be linked to ATI HD card with new version of Catalyst and Wide skins). Not sure where to take that for now...
Slow GUI
Cinergy 2400i & 1400 errors in the logs.

I've attached the logs, currently running the latest drivers....tried older version (0.2.2.0) of MP and drivers, but less success than current. The Cinergy 1400 shows 'DVBGraph: unlocked...wait for tunerlock. Tuner locked: false' when set as a recording card. Also MPEG2 error and audio pin missing when trying to view. Any ideas of how to rectify this. I've checked the carddefinitions.xml and they are both listed ok.

As for the 2400i, it does seem to be random as to whether it records or I just see 5.42kb file in the 'TV Recording' directory. I've also noticed that it doesn't always record the entire file, but starts late! While I'm on the subject, it didn't tune all channels, missing 6 channels (possibly the same MUX).

So my immediate concern is getting the TV cards working ok.

Many thanks
Darren
ps. Logs without numbers are the current ones, I've included old logs which I hope will shed some light....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom