??'s on Organization and Tags (1 Viewer)

Momboner

Portal Pro
September 17, 2009
Alright so I am about to redo my HTPC and set it up with 1.2RC I havent used the music section if forever because it was always giving me grief. BUT I am going to attempt it again!

My current collection is organized like this Artist/Album/Artist - Title

Hopefully that will work just fine. I have most (70%) of the stuff tagged and album art embedded.

Heres my big problem. I have a very large chunk of music that has only the Artist and Title tags. No album tag or artwork. I downloaded I tunes and imported it all into that and ran get artwork but that did nothing.

Is there a program out there currently that can take the artist and title and get the album tags and artwork for me? Or a combo 1 prog for each step?

I just dont want to look up 1000 songs individually and type in a different album tag for each one.

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Have a look at MPTagThat (from the MP team). But still it might be difficult as many artists have the same track on several albums.

O wait, I have seen that you have your album as a directory? MPTagThat can use that as a tag source.

You can then either use MPTagThat to get album art or you can let MPs plugins load that (FanArt / Last.FM both are able to get Art, use FanArt first, check the missing ones with Last.FM & do the last few by hand would be my recommendation).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom