SAF Codecs - FFDshow no longer resizing/upscaling (1 Viewer)

SimplyC

Portal Member
September 13, 2009
Hi, hope it's ok to post this here.

On my old PC, I had ffdshow set up to resize smaller avis. With the OSD on, ti reported

Input Size: 624x352
Output Size: 1360x768

But i've just installed Windows 7 on my shiny new Asrock, and though i'd install SAF codecs to make everything work (I used to have stuttering HD mp4s.)

So, installed SAF and set FFd show to resize as previously, but what I now see is

Input Size: 624x352
Output Size: 624x352

Help! My avis look horrid! But I know if I just install ffd and Haali my cpu will be overworked! And my shiny new asrock won't like that!

Thor2605

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: SAF Codecs - FFDshow no longer resizing/upscaling

Which SAF do you have? The one with Haali and FFdshow or the other without? SAF 3.XX or SAF 4.XX?

You checked if ffdshow is used by DirectShow with for examle Graphedit?

SimplyC

Portal Member
    September 13, 2009
    Re: AW: SAF Codecs - FFDshow no longer resizing/upscaling

Which SAF do you have? The one with Haali and FFdshow or the other without? SAF 3.XX or SAF 4.XX?

You checked if ffdshow is used by DirectShow with for examle Graphedit?

The most recent version (4.xx) , and yeah, i checked with GraphEdit and Haali and FFd are both being used. It must use FFd show as the OSD appears...

SAF uses profiles within ffdshow, you will need to add resize to both profiles

Ah, that sounds interesting. I'm currently using FFD and CoreAVC and it seems to work ok. I've messed up many systems by installing codecs ontop of each other. I think I'll run with this until I notice problems with breakup. HD720 seems to play ok!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom