Codecs SAF v5.02 *final* (based on FFDShow DXVA decoder) (1 Viewer)

udnceck

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2011
    Re: SAF v5.00 experimental (based on FFDShow DXVA decoder)

Hi,
    I've a little question: If I update SAF 5 to the last version, before install I do a uninstall the old version?

Thanks.

Dainara

Portal Member
    January 8, 2011
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: SAF v5.00 experimental (based on FFDShow DXVA decoder)

Hi Hoborg,
    now i found the latest BDhandler here in the forum
    i followed this theard and i update mp 1.1.3 to 1.2.0 alpha now all work's fine live tv with HDTV, my movies and bdhandler with my original BD's :)

thx :)

ByeBye

ced007

Portal Pro
    July 7, 2008
    Haute-Savoie
    Home Country
    France France

Hi Hoborg,
    I have now tested the latest SAF5 version (unlocked), the 20110315 file, and I have "just" one problem, it's with the new PDVD10 version, it doesn't work properly for me in a lot of MKV files (x264, 720p). I have stuttering and bad image rendering some times. I then put back the latest SAF 5 version without new PDVD10, the 20110304, and the problem is fixed. Am I the only one with this problem?
    Notice that I uses the same settings for all my tests so I really think that it's the new PDVD10 version that changes something...
    Thanks

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    AW: SAF v5.00 experimental (based on FFDShow DXVA decoder)

Just a short feedback: Using default AVI Splitter seems to work great. No other problems so far and my mjpeg-files work great! Thanks for your work.

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic

Hi Hoborg,
    I have now tested the latest SAF5 version (unlocked), the 20110315 file, and I have "just" one problem, it's with the new PDVD10 version, it doesn't work properly for me in a lot of MKV files (x264, 720p). I have stuttering and bad image rendering some times. I then put back the latest SAF 5 version without new PDVD10, the 20110304, and the problem is fixed. Am I the only one with this problem?
    Notice that I uses the same settings for all my tests so I really think that it's the new PDVD10 version that changes something...
    Thanks

FFDshow DxVA decoder doesnot work for you?

ced007

Portal Pro
    July 7, 2008
    Haute-Savoie
    Home Country
    France France

Hi Hoborg,
    Thanks

I always had stutters with ffdshow dxva and as it always worked fine with PDVD10 I never investigated it.

Hi Hoborg,
    I'm doing more test now and I'm able to stop stuttering with ffdshow DXVA by disabling "Surface overlay" in the post processing option of the hardware acceleration section.
    Question: how to use ffshow DXVA for VC1, it's always ffdshow that runs for me and not ffdhow DXVA?

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic

I always had stutters with ffdshow dxva and as it always worked fine with PDVD10 I never investigated it.

Hi Hoborg,
    I'm doing more test now and I'm able to stop stuttering with ffdshow DXVA by disabling "Surface overlay" in the post processing option of the hardware acceleration section.
    Question: how to use ffshow DXVA for VC1, it's always ffdshow that runs for me and not ffdhow DXVA?

Looks like you GPU is not powerfull enought for "Surface overlay" (subtitles rendering). Even my ATI 5450 doing this without any problem.
    VC-1 DxVA id disabled by default, becouse it doesn't support interlaced VC-1. You can enable it, but you will have black screen on interlaced VC-1.

ced007

Portal Pro
    July 7, 2008
    Haute-Savoie
    Home Country
    France France

Looks like you GPU is not powerfull enought for "Surface overlay" (subtitles rendering). Even my ATI 5450 doing this without any problem.
    VC-1 DxVA id disabled by default, becouse it doesn't support interlaced VC-1. You can enable it, but you will have black screen on interlaced VC-1.

Thanks Hoborg. My GPU is a 9600GT, you are probably right regarding it's perf.
    So the "Surface overly" is for subtitles only?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom