Codecs SAF v6 (based on LAVF) (3 Viewers)

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
Re: SAF v6.00 (based on LAVF)

Thanks for the reply.
OK, subtitle is also important for me. FFDShow seems to support subtitles very well, so I'll stick to it for now.
I don't miss DXVA that much, as the RGB conversion produce horrible PQ with my HD5770 graphics card.
For now, to get the best PQ in MePo, software decoders are still the best bet IMO.

If you are MePo user, you can use MePo build in subtiles renderer.

grubi

Portal Pro
June 16, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: AW: SAF v6.00 (based on LAVF)

That is strange.
SAF download unlock file but it is not unpacked.

After SAF download unlocking file, it move it to sysroot:\T hidden folder (mostly C:\T\604.zip) and do a copy in folder where SAF.exe is located.
The SAF decompress the 604.zip file - and here seems to be problem, SAF didnt found the 604.zip file. Looks like something delete it. Can you check your antivirus if it doesnot block it? For example Kasperski have some falce detection, but in SAFkey.exe, not in 604.zip.

Sorry for the delay but I had a meeting till now.
There is not much to check as there is no antivirus software installed at all.
Any other ideas how to track down?
What about offline install as with SAF5?
Is this possible, are there any instructions?

Thanks

Edit:

Found the problem.
The Installer was located on a share where the MP computer only has readonly access.
As you described your installer tries to put the downloaded file there which fails.
Moving the installer to a local drive solves the problem.
Thank's a lot for your help

Cheers.

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: AW: SAF v6.00 (based on LAVF)

Sorry for the delay but I had a meeting till now.
There is not much to check as there is no antivirus software installed at all.
Any other ideas how to track down?
What about offline install as with SAF5?
Is this possible, are there any instructions?

Thanks

SAF6 do offline unlock automatically, you just need to install online once. The needed file is moved do folder where SAF.exe is located..Then next time you run it, it will be installed in offline mode.
Where is SAF.exe placed when you run it?
Did you tryed to install SAF on other PC?

D3tritus

Portal Pro
February 14, 2008

I'm considering upgrading from SAF 5 to 6 for the improved Online Videos support. I use SPDIF to output audio direct to my amp. Can anyone confirm that this will work in SAF 6? Thanks.

somy

Portal Pro
March 7, 2010
Denmark
Home Country
Denmark Denmark

Hi Hoborg,

I noticed by default LAV video is not enabled in SAF 6. Do you still recommend FFDShow for video decoding even though the new version of LAV filters seems to have better support for YUC/RGB conversions.
Thanks a lot!

Well, in MePo you can try it to play video files, it should be working just fine, but not for LiveTV yet.
You can play all formats supported by FFMpeg, but due lack of VC-1i decoding, you wont be able to play interlaced VC-1 BluRays.

In other applications (like NPVR) you will hit limitations - no remote controler support (to switch audio/subtitles streams) and no subtitles rendering.

Missing DXVA shouldnt be a problem on modern CPUs it these days.

I am a NPVR user and i need subtitles and remote control support, so LAV video decoder is not an option for me.
Only way is using FFDshow video processor as postprocessing...

Thanks for the reply.
OK, subtitle is also important for me. FFDShow seems to support subtitles very well, so I'll stick to it for now.
I don't miss DXVA that much, as the RGB conversion produce horrible PQ with my HD5770 graphics card.
For now, to get the best PQ in MePo, software decoders are still the best bet IMO.

If you are MePo user, you can use MePo build in subtiles renderer.

I'm going to try LAV video decoder tonight. I assume the build-in subtitle renderer is the MPC-HC one??

:D:D:D

cipz

Portal Member
July 3, 2011
Home Country
Indonesia Indonesia

hi hoborg,

i have a 3d trailer mp4 file
i want to use lav cuvid as h264 decoder
[bought new nvidia gtx 550Ti just for this reason, beside future proof of 3d and hd audio bitstream support :D]
in mpc-hc external filter, i already set lav as prefered decoder and output of video renderer using madvr

but when i play that file, only blank screen and lav isn't working instead ffdshow dxva, also graphstudio show evr, not madvr

file media info

if i disable h264 in ffdshow and ffdshow dxva, mpc-hc use pdvd11 decoder

i try to change the merit of lav to be higher than ffdshow, also change prefered decoder using windows7 prefered filter tweaker, but still no luck
using lav to decode h264 success in most video format : mkv, m2ts, etc. except mp4 format

can you elaborate which priority mpc-hc use the prefered decoder first?

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom