Codecs SAF v6 (based on LAVF) (8 Viewers)

Johan

Portal Pro
April 19, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
For some reason mp internal Subtitle enginge is no longer working since I updated to 1.2.

Instead I activated ffdshow subs which works perfectly. The subs have yellow colour instead of white that I'm used to. Can I change this? Did not found any settings in ffdshow.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Thundercats

Portal Pro
April 28, 2009
The Netherlands
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Re: SAF v6.00 (based on LAVF)

I have this little problem with my Onyo AVR in which it switches l/r surround when the AVR is fed with an LPCM stream. Normaly my HTPC outputs AAC as lcpm to my AVR .

To go around the surround problem i use AC3-filter to output the AAC sound as AC3-sound and that way i have no problems with the switched L/R surround.

If i let AC3-filter passtrough DTS-HD, True HD, DD, DTS. etc. then this means, AC3-filter won't affect these kind of audiostreams, right?

For me, the above workx fine.

Is there another way to achieve the same within LAVF?
If yes, the what settings do i need to do?
If not: don't say AC3 filter is soooo outdated, if it still is very usefull for lots of people...

(Note: my AVR (Onkyo TX-SR508) can handle/decode allmost all of audiostreams, including HD streams. Only the LPCM stream /AAC is wrongly switched)

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic

I have this little problem with my Onyo AVR in which it switches l/r surround when the AVR is fed with an LPCM stream. Normaly my HTPC outputs AAC as lcpm to my AVR .

To go around the surround problem i use AC3-filter to output the AAC sound as AC3-sound and that way i have no problems with the switched L/R surround.

If i let AC3-filter passtrough DTS-HD, True HD, DD, DTS. etc. then this means, AC3-filter won't affect these kind of audiostreams, right?

For me, the above workx fine.

Is there another way to achieve the same within LAVF?
If yes, the what settings do i need to do?
If not: don't say AC3 filter is soooo outdated, if it still is very usefull for lots of people...

(Note: my AVR (Onkyo TX-SR508) can handle/decode allmost all of audiostreams, including HD streams. Only the LPCM stream /AAC is wrongly switched)
You cannot passthrough HD audio with AC3 filter, it doesnot support any HD format.

Marcello83

September 21, 2011
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands

I have some issues with the LiveTV in MePo with the latest SAV6. When I watch HD channels I get some artifacts here and there around the moving parts of the image. Also after a white the playback stops and the last image freezes on the screen, the sound continuous and I also can change the channels. After channel change it goes well for awhile until the problem returns.
Also on some channels the playback stops immediately.
I use the ffdshow codec and the ffdshow DXVA codec.
My graphics card is an ATI HD 6570 with the catalyst 11.8 driver installed.
Is there someone with the same issues? I will test with SAF5

When I use the Microsoft DTV codec some channels have choppy playback and ugly deinterlacing..

Thundercats

Portal Pro
April 28, 2009
The Netherlands
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands

Ok,

if you say so, i rely on your expertise on that.

Remains my question: what codec settings do i have to use to resolve my stated AAC output-problem. In other words: how can i get the AAC put out of my HTPC as an non-lcpm (but still 5.1 surround stream) AND preserving the other HD audiostreams.

For now i am still using an ATI 4350 connected by HDMI to my AVR. This 4350 does not support streaming of HD audio trough HDMI. Therefore i am planning on updating the videocard to a 5xxx-series, which do support HD audiostreams.

Appologies for my little bit bad english ...

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway

SAF 6.00 SVN20110506:
    - MPC-HC filters/player updated to rev. 1.5.2.3085
    - FFDShow updated to rev.3840
    - *unlocked* SAF will now use DivX AAC Decoder instead of MONOGRAM AAC Decoder
    due to LATM support - UK HD (DVB-T2) broadcasts
    - added SWE and RUS translations
    - reworked SAF install script - SAF will now install only selected language
    Did you remove MONOGRAM AAC as an option?

Thundercats

Portal Pro
    April 28, 2009
    The Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

@ Hoborg:

referring back to post 107... does this mean that i have to set in MePo the AAC decoder on FFDshow, add ffdshow audio processor in video post processing, activate the filter (as shown in the picture).... and then do some settings in the properties of ffdshow ??? what settings are needed in ffdshow audioprocessor to have AAC encoded and passtrough as AC3?

And then uninstalling AC3 filter, ofcourse (when all works well)

p750mmx

Portal Pro
    November 2, 2010
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

For some reason mp internal Subtitle enginge is no longer working since I updated to 1.2.

Instead I activated ffdshow subs which works perfectly. The subs have yellow colour instead of white that I'm used to. Can I change this? Did not found any settings in ffdshow.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
    You can change the color (and many things more) within the FFDshow configuration (DXVA and non DXVA) under > subtitles > font

ffdshow27.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom