Codecs SAF v6 (based on LAVF) (2 Viewers)

mamachan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2006
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Re: SAF v6.00 (based on LAVF)

thanks

GavinC

Portal Member
    November 19, 2005

Yes, I can play the file OK on my Desktop PC but that doesnt have SAF 6 installed. On my mediacentre box it plays fine when using WMP11 but when I play it thru MePo with SAF6 it freezes at the beginning where you mention the small corruption . All the files I have recorded from HDTV in h264 are affected in this way. They have all been encoded to MP4 . When I change them to m2ts some play OK on MePo with SAF others dont. Those that dont Graphstudio shows are using ffdshow DXVA encoder to playback. Those that do using just the ffdshow without DXVA.

Is ffdshow DXVA causing my problems if so what can I doo to fix it?

This coruption can cause DXVA deoder to crash.

But there is no sign of "corruption" when played back when the file is converted to m2ts. Why is it that SAF6 is having these problems with mp4's ? Why also do some files use the ffdshow dxva decoder to play back while others dont? if DXVA is causing the problem that what can I do to get these files to play?

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic

But there is no sign of "corruption" when played back when the file is converted to m2ts. Why is it that SAF6 is having these problems with mp4's ? Why also do some files use the ffdshow dxva decoder to play back while others dont? if DXVA is causing the problem that what can I do to get these files to play?

The file itself is corupted - wrongly encoded i think.
    Normal FFDShow/LAV video decoder can play you sample, but FFDShow DXVA decoder freeze.

BTW, you can use PDVD11 decoder (unlocked SAF) to play your sample, it will play it without any problem.

MrCrabs

Portal Pro
    January 21, 2010
    Braunschweig
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

There is no unlocked version, instead you can get a key(program) from hoborg to unlock the normal saf 6.0 download. Just send a PM to him and he'll send you the key.

Drimincus

Portal Member
    March 8, 2010
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Heya,

I've installed SAF, and it is working great, except for one thing:

When I choose the LAV audio decoder all the voices are really quiet compared to the surrounding audio. Its almost as if it gives 5.1 output to my stereo speakers. (That was my first guess, but I never found any settings in LAV that suggest that might be the case.)
    When I use the ffdshow audio decoder the audio behaves normally.
    What gives?

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic

Downmix to stereo is not supported yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom