Codecs SAF v6 (based on LAVF) (3 Viewers)

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: SAF v6.00 (based on LAVF)

Is LAVF splitter better than the mpc-hc splitter from saf 5 ? And the LAVF audio decoder can i use it same as ffdshow audio, because the passtrought with reg files ? i use the audio render changer plugin in mepo ? Is LAVF audio decoder better than ffdshow audio ?

Thor2605

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: SAF v6.00 (based on LAVF)

In LAVF Hoborg said, that there is no ability to use passthrough!

So you have to configure my Plugin for different Audio-Codecs!

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Re: AW: SAF v6.00 (based on LAVF)

In LAVF Hoborg said, that there is no ability to use passthrough!

So you have to configure my Plugin for different Audio-Codecs!

SAF6 have FFDshow audio decoder for passthrough, it is working exactly the same as in SAF5, there is no need to worry about that.
    If it was working with SAF5, it will be working with SAF6 too.

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Re: SAF v6.00 (based on LAVF)

Using the link in the first post, all I get is:

Directory Listing Denied
    This Virtual Directory does not allow contents to be listed.

gurabli

Portal Pro
    July 20, 2010
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary

Reading the posts, I guess it is recommended to use SAF 6 instead of SAF5. I see that PDVD11 is included. Can you tell me what are the improvements and changes since version 10 that I'm using now? I did not find a changelog. I use it for DVB-C HD live TV.
    Thanks!

wonkyd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Hoborg,

Is the Windows 7 DTV Decoder still preferred for MPEG2/H.264 live TV or is PowerDVD 11?

Cheers

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic

Reading the posts, I guess it is recommended to use SAF 6 instead of SAF5. I see that PDVD11 is included. Can you tell me what are the improvements and changes since version 10 that I'm using now? I did not find a changelog. I use it for DVB-C HD live TV.
    Thanks!

That is secret what only PDVD guys known i think :)

Hoborg,

Is the Windows 7 DTV Decoder still preferred for MPEG2/H.264 live TV or is PowerDVD 11?

Cheers

My HTPC is WinXP based, so i dont use Windows 7 DTV Decoder at all. For me, PDVD11 decoder working just fine for h.264/MPEG-2/VC-1 (i+p). The PDVD10 problem with VBR HDTV was fixed already and i didnt get any other bug reports.

wonkyd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Thanks!

Hoborg,

Cheers

My HTPC is WinXP based, so i dont use Windows 7 DTV Decoder at all. For me, PDVD11 decoder working just fine for h.264/MPEG-2/VC-1 (i+p). The PDVD10 problem with VBR HDTV was fixed already and i didnt get any other bug reports.

Fair enough, might give it a go at some stage over the weekend. :)

gurabli

Portal Pro
    July 20, 2010
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary

Thanks!

OK, thanks:) Perhaps nothing, it is always strange if you do not have a detailed changelog isn't it?

Hoborg,

Cheers

My HTPC is WinXP based, so i dont use Windows 7 DTV Decoder at all. For me, PDVD11 decoder working just fine for h.264/MPEG-2/VC-1 (i+p). The PDVD10 problem with VBR HDTV was fixed already and i didnt get any other bug reports.[/QUOTE]

I didn't hear about this bug of PDVD10 and VBR HDTV? Is it fixed in version 11 or a new release of PDVD10?
    Anyway, what was the bug about?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom