Codecs SAF v6 (based on LAVF) (3 Viewers)

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Re: SAF v6.00 (based on LAVF)

got it.
    Unfortunatly, I don't use mpaudiorenderer AFAIK.
    So is its main function only to re-encode to AC3 ? and if so, using the ffdshow audio processor to encode ac3 on the fly is not as good ? To be fair I never heard about this mpaudirendered until now, so any info is welcome :)

Correct. Timestretching and encoding to AC3. Prefer All LAVF over ffdshow off course. :)

See: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...renderer-better-video-playback-quality-84441/

Chluz

Portal Member
    April 20, 2011

maybe you tried this already , but would it be possible to use lavf as a codec, then ffdshow postprocessor for ac3 conversion only, then mediaportal audio renderer for timestretching . If its possible in that order, mediaportal rendered would be getting the ffdshow postprocessing feed and might work

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

maybe you tried this already , but would it be possible to use lavf as a codec, then ffdshow postprocessor for ac3 conversion only, then mediaportal audio renderer for timestretching . If its possible in that order, mediaportal rendered would be getting the ffdshow postprocessing feed and might work

Thanks for the suggestion i think this would not work as timestretching should be done before encoding and not after.
    But i'll give it a try, thanks.

MEGA180

Portal Pro
    January 8, 2007
    Home Country
    France France

I don't even know if I am using mpaudiorenderer.
    I tried to change LAV audio for ffdshow audio. in MP config but to no avail.

Reinstall SAF6 and enable the install option of ffdshow audiodecoder during installation.

@wouter1971 : OK I'll try that

As far as I know, what you are describing sound like the voice channel is being seperated from the stereo track. This is similar to what your amp/decoder would do were you sending it a stereo signal that you would like outputed on a 3.0 setup (Front stereo + center channel ) : the amp/decoder will analyse the stereo track, then take the voice audio and move it to a voice track (this is done though algorithms commonly called PLII video/ movie, or Neo 6: cinema/movie/music etc). If this was being done by your amp/decoder, you would hear an output on the center channel speaker (I am assuming you have a 5.1 amp/decder and at least 3.0 speaker setup).Since this is not the case, I don't think its a problem with your amp/decoder settings.
    @Chluz : I think may be there is something like that. I have a 5.1 amp/decoder (DENON AVR-1306). It has Neo 6 and PLII options. I can select the input (Auto/DTS/PCM) and I can select the decoding (Direct/5ch Stereo/Stereo/Neo/PLII ...).
    Maybe something is wrong with the spdif out of my sound card and the amp/decoder settings.

I'll uninstall SAF, enable ffdshow audio decoder and test again.

Thanks for your help.

MEGA180

Portal Pro
    January 8, 2007
    Home Country
    France France

SOLVED !
    You won't believe it : Chluz said to have a look at the sound card parameters and there (HDRealtek) I found a Karaoke option with a small red cross on it, just one click and the little red check is gone : and the voices are back !!!

Here :
    Karaoke.jpg

Thanks a lot for your help !

Pedernal74

Portal Pro
    September 19, 2007
    Burgos
    Home Country
    Spain Spain

Hi Hoborg,

I have translated SAF to spanish language.
    Attached you will find the compressed file.
    :D for your work.

Regards

Attachments

• Spanish.rar
      5.3 KB

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

I only use the analog outputs of my soundcard, and I want to be able to switch ffdshow profiles via my remote, from mixdown to stereo to mixdown to quad, so that sometimes I can watch films using only my two TV speakers and other times I can watch films using my rear speakers as well.

Does anyone know a way to switch ffdshow profiles manually like this with the remote from within MP? I've tried using ARC to achieve this, but haven't had much luck as you can see: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/806574-post115.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom