[confirm] Same Channel/Transponder can use 2 cards at a time (1 Viewer)

dedi

Portal Pro
January 27, 2010
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
Card 2 (medium priority) is recording. When starting timeshift for the same channel (or transponder) that is recording it does not take the card that currently is on that transponder, instead it takes the card with a higher priority as long there is such a card available.

It does not happen when there is no available card with higher priority (e.g. recording is on the highest priority card, or a card with higher priority is recording something else).

It also does not happen for the recording, when the timeshift is already running on the recording transponder.

Did not test this behavior on multiseat yet, but can do it on request.

dedi

Portal Pro
January 27, 2010
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
here a pic of SetupTV

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    5.5 KB

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    I fail to see a bug in this because when you as "owner" of watching a channel on one tuner, the recorder part doesn't know what you're going to do next (switch to a channel on another transponder etc) so when it is time to record it just check for what you have specified with tuner priority & whats available & starts to record & do it's job & this is by design afaik.

Regards
    Roy

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,
    I fail to see a bug in this because when you as "owner" of watching a channel on one tuner, the recorder part doesn't know what you're going to do next (switch to a channel on another transponder etc) so when it is time to record it just check for what you have specified with tuner priority & whats available & starts to record & do it's job & this is by design afaik.

Regards
    Roy

Agreed.

Ultimately if MP needs to tune a new channel and finds a card available, then all is well. The only usage case I can see where this might be a problem is if you have two cards in use and want to record/watch a third program, and MP cannot tune to the third because the two cards are currently tuned to two channels on the same transponder. Ideally at that point MP would examine the card usage and resolve the conflict, but I'm guessing it will not!

We do have a mantis entry for card allocation issues

0002850: Bugs in card allocation - MediaPortal Bugtracker

I have added a note about this usage case so that this will not be forgotten. However, this is not going to be changed for 1.1.0.

Best wishes,

Mark

riksmith

Portal Pro
    April 18, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,

Regards
    Roy

Agreed.

Ultimately if MP needs to tune a new channel and finds a card available, then all is well. The only usage case I can see where this might be a problem is if you have two cards in use and want to record/watch a third program, and MP cannot tune to the third because the two cards are currently tuned to two channels on the same transponder. Ideally at that point MP would examine the card usage and resolve the conflict, but I'm guessing it will not!

We do have a mantis entry for card allocation issues

0002850: Bugs in card allocation - MediaPortal Bugtracker

I have added a note about this usage case so that this will not be forgotten. However, this is not going to be changed for 1.1.0.

Best wishes,

Mark

If i am correct this this behavior is already functioning in the fix for 2850, but i will have to check.
    It should tune to the same card anyway, no matter if you are the "owner" or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom