Same TVShow/Movie different languages (not Dual Language!) - FilePath Filter option? (1 Viewer)

r0r5ch4ch

Portal Member
February 1, 2014
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello everyone,

I am new to this great program!

I have same movies/tvshows in different languages:

Lost Girl (Eng)
--Season 01
--Season 02

Lost Girl (Ger)
--Season 02
--Season 03

The problem is not the scraping, I am always scraping in english. So this works perfect for me. Everything was tagged and scanned with Ember Media Manager (EMM). For that I always named the Series including its language and special tags:

Terminator 2 (Extended Edition) (1080p) (Uncut) (Eng)

I have the problem displaying in MP1, that the TVShows and the Movies are put together and I can't see which is in which language...

Is it possible to set a filter by filepath? (Please show me how, I am really new to this!). Or might there be a better solution?

The scraper are saving the shows to the standard names (Lost Girl (Eng) = Lost Girl...)

I am really looking forward to your suggestions!

Thank you so much![DOUBLEPOST=1391268317][/DOUBLEPOST]RoChess wrote:

PS: You can however make easy category filtering based on the folder structure you have, but that does not change which scraper is used. Check the FAQ on how to setup a folderbased category filter, as I use the same on my system to filter out Asian movies, which are all inside a folder "Asian\", and I used that to make the FAQ example with, so simply duplicate and use "German\".

But I can't find it... May somebody help... Or has another solution?

Last edited:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    The FAQ relates to Moving-Pictures plugin, that I made a long time ago (should mainly still be valid, but things might look a tiny bit different in new versions).

So look for "Working with filters and custom categories, genres, etc" @ https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/faq-frequently-asked-questions-read-this-first.76721/

To seperate different languages or different versions of the same movie, I use IMDb+ scraper plugin system for that, and then I adjust a filename to for example "Example movie ([Dutch HD]) (tt1234567).mkv" and it will import into Moving-Pictures as "Example Movie [Dutch HD]" and can sit alongside "Example Movie" and even have different cover/fanart. It allows me quickly to spot the different movies inside, and would apply to the "All Movies" overview, or any dynamic view that lists those multiple titles. Of course creating custom categories would work as well, and you could create a filter saying "Full Path" -> 'contains' -> "(Eng)" and then another seperate category for "Full Path" -> 'contains' -> "(Ger)", but you have to keep in mind that you will have to then add a "Full Path" -> 'does not contain' -> "(Eng)" as well s "(Ger)" for the "All Movies" dynamic category if you want to keep things clean in there. In fact on my Moving-Pictures the "All Movies" view has like 60 filter entries to exclude some categories that I prefer to have seperated.

As for your TV shows, I use MP-TVSeries plugin for that, and it becomes a little it trickier for that one. You would have to setup a "string replacement" entry that turns "Lost Girl (Ger)" into "Some show title that will fail wizard auto detection", so that the MP-TVSeries importer will import the German version as "LostGirl" show with no TheTVdB match. Then you use the MP-TVSeries wiki entry that explains who to manually add Sports shows, and you create a manual version of "Lost Girl" that is dedicated to your German version, even down to German cover art, German summary, etc. Of course you have to also edit the episode summary in manual easy time, but I personally have those disabled out of fear of spoilers anyway and I never care to know Actor/Directors on episodes.

I use that method to allow multi-user support, so a new season of "The Big Bang Theory" is imported seperatly from the older seasons and placed inside a PIN-protected view, so that the new episodes can not be played without me being there, but the older seasons are accessible by everybody.

PS: Keep in mind that it depends on your used parsing expression as to how extensive you have to apply the string replacement entry, and be sure to select 'before' checkbox. What I mean is what you might need to replace "Lost Girl (Ger)\Season 01\Lost Girl S" with "Lost Girl (Ger)\Season 01\LostGirl S" as the final "Lost Girl S..E.." is the one that would kick in the parsing expression detection, but you did not provide an actual full path example to give you proper help on that.

r0r5ch4ch

Portal Member
    February 1, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Oh man,

your a genius and I really love your complex and perfect answers! The tutorial is really great and I am working well with the filters!

The only thing I did not really get at the moment is, that you say it is better with IMDB+ scraper.

My movies have following standard (by FIlebot and EMM):

Folder: The Whole Ten Yards [tt0327247] [2004] (360p) (Eng)
    Filename: The Whole Ten Yards [tt0327247] [2004] (MP3) (360p) (Eng).avi

If Dual-Language:

Folder: The Whole Ten Yards [tt0327247] [2004] (720p)
    Filename: The Whole Ten Yards [tt0327247] [2004] (AC3) (720p) (Eng) (Ger).mkv

If Multi-Lanuage:

Folder: Princess Mononoke [ttxxxxxxx] [20XX] (1080p) (Eng) (Ger) (Jap) (EngSub) (GerSub)
    Filename: Princess Mononoke [ttxxxxxxx] [20XX] (1080p) (Eng) (Ger) (Jap) (EngSub) (GerSub).mkv

What would you suggest to do with that?

I did not really get what you went with the IMDB+ scraper, how you change the title of the movie. Because I set the Movie titel with EMM and it should be written into the nfo-File. For example: The Whole Ten Yards (Eng).

The filters are working perfectly well, time now :). But I want to understand the other way too, if you have the time... Or is there another awesome tutorial from you? :)

Ok, with the series it really sound complicated :(. But you have written some month ago, that MP2 will support different languages, right? I should wait then, or :)?

Thank you so much!

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    The only thing I did not really get at the moment is, that you say it is better with IMDB+ scraper.

Since I build the IMDb+ scraper system, I was able to add additional features into it.

Each movie is imported by doing a lookup with imdb.com website, so it does not rely on your NFO file, for that you would have to use another scraper-script system.

What IMDb+ does is locate the title of the movie at imdb.com and imports it as such. However right before it is done, I've added in a few tricks. So when you import:

It would normally be added to MovPic as "Quantum of Solace" and that would be it. However IMDb+ at the end scans a rename database (XML file I update) and realizes there is an entry for tt0830515 and then kicks in and renames the title to:

James Bond XXII: Quantum Of Solace​

After the default rename, it then also looks for any custom rename database entries you might have, allowing you to make additional entries for movies that are not covered by the default rename database, or overrule the way the default rename does.

On top of that I added support for special editions, so that if you have a file called:

Example movie (Extended Edition).mkv​

It will be import by IMDb+ into Moving-Pictures as "Example movie (Extended Edition)". Of course IMDb+ users asked for more, so a custom special tag was added via "([...anything you want....])", so you can do what I explained before.

There is no default IMDb+ support for "(Eng)", etc, so you would have to for example manually rename your files (of course there are a gazillion mass-rename tools available that could make that a very quick/easy task)

Rename "The Whole Ten Yards [tt0327247] [2004] (AC3) (720p) (Eng) (Ger).mkv" into "The Whole Ten Yards [tt0327247] [2004] (AC3) (720p) ([Eng, Ger]).mkv" and it will import into Moving-Pictures via IMDb+ as "The Whole Ten Yards [Eng, Ger]".

PS: I just realized I don't have that movie in the IMDb+ rename system, as it is part of a movie series, so will have to add that one :)

r0r5ch4ch

Portal Member
    February 1, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi RoChess!!

Thank you so much, now I understand and this is just perfect! Absolutely great! Thank you so much for the detailed tutorial and for your great plugin! this is more easy and better then the filter system... I just have to find a good way to rename them, without renaming the Folder first :)...

Thank you so much!

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @r0r5ch4ch, do keep in mind that due to the limitations of Moving-Pictures, I can only 'read' the filename during the search-node, so you have to sent a movie back to the importer for the ([...]) stuff to work. However once it is added, it is kept on any refresh/update.

The rename system works inside details node, so you can make edits with notepad to the Custom Rename XML and they will instantly work on a refresh inside MovPic. In fact you can edit the XML file from another computer at the same time for this purpose, or run MediaPortal in windowed mode to make it easier.

r0r5ch4ch

Portal Member
    February 1, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @RoChess Thanks a lot I will keep that in mind. My plan is to rename the files first with "Total Commander", and make all the interesting things to [(....)]... Then rescrape them all to MovingPictures using IMDb+...

So after this problem is hopefully solved, just the other problems with the TVSeries will continue... What do you think, is it possible to add a filter function to MPTVSeries als well? I mean it makes sense: genre, titel, alphabetical, language... I think everyone will like it too...

And still there is the problem with the trailers in my folders: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ot-scrape-local-trailers.124407/#post-1060424 At the moment it looks like that all the work was not necessary because I have to put them into separate folders... I thought there might be a function that I can watch local trailers of the movies?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

Well MP-TVSeries has what is called 'Views' and you can create powerfull views, alike to Moving-Pictures categories. In fact when I launch MP-TVSeries I use the ViewTags view that shows all the views, and 'All' is disabled for me, because I use all custom views. You can use pseudo-SQL to make the views more powerfull, but it requires manual editing of the SQLite database, and knowledge of SQL to be able to create the queries. So probably not a good idea for you to go crazy over that.

Still the basic views where you just add series to certain views can make it very user friendly to split a large collection into easier to use views. For example I have a 'Sitcom' view, which should be obvious as to what TV shows are in it.

As for trailers in Moving-Pictures, the new version has build in local trailer media support, in fact it can even 'download' trailers for you to store them locally. I do not use trailers myself, as the modern ones only spoil a movie for me, but check the changelog/wiki/forums on how to use the new Trailer system. The old one relied on OnlineVideos plugin, but not sure how the new system totally works. Skin support is also required, so if you use a non-default skin, you might therefore not have trailers working correct. Using Titan to at least find out how everything works is a good place to start, so that you instantly know on a custom skin "why is that feature missing?" and notify the skin developer.[/user]

r0r5ch4ch

Portal Member
    February 1, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @RoChess Thank you for your answer :). Today I started with Titan, this is really a good idea, better as just start with another skin.

To you suggestion of using the view-mode of MPTVSeries: I found that by myself yesterday, but the problem is, that I have to manually create the views. For that I have to select the shows manually and there the problem is, that the different language TVSeries (Lost Girl (Eng), Lost Girl (Ger)) were already "thrown together"... So I can't split them unless I change every show manually, which is impossible for me (650 shows)...

Is there any way to make "automatic" views based on the file path as in the MovingPicture AddOn? (Full Path contains (Eng) = view English)...?

thank you for your answer[DOUBLEPOST=1391372506][/DOUBLEPOST]I am scraping at the moment and there I have a question: How do I know that MovingPictures is using IMDB+ as scraper?

And the second question: How can I config IMDB+ not to change the title to collection titles, just let the original USA-title?

The hound of Baskerville NOT Sherlock Holmes I: The hound of Baskerville

Thank you for your help :)

Last edited:

r0r5ch4ch

Portal Member
    February 1, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @RoChess Yippppieee, i have found it! I have to go to MP to make the setup! Thanks anyway, really a great tool!... Still, the TVSeries Problem stands... Hope you might help me with this too, than I will be very happy :)

Is there a way to expand your special words (extended, 3D...)? I would like to add "(Recut)", "(Special Edition)", "(Ultimate Cut)"...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom