Sample Clips Showing Up In Imported Movie List (1 Viewer)

Bernard

Portal Pro
March 5, 2012
Centurion
Home Country
South Africa South Africa
Hi, I since I upgraded to 1.3.1 I have noticed that all my movies that have sample clips in the same folder as the main movie have been imported as a second copy of the movie.

So in effect the movie is now listed double, one for the main movie file and another for the sample movie file.

I looked in the Plugin Config options, but could not find a way to set the minimum duration or file size for a "valid" file. Or I could not find a filter string that will ignore anything with "Sample" in the filename.

I don't want to delete the sample movies, they are nice to get a fast preview of a movie, since my network is not that fast.

If possible I would even love to include the files as actual "trailers" or "samples" in Moving Pictures if it support such a feature (I know that a few updates back I saw a "Trailer" button next to the Play button when viewing movie details, so if this is a feature I would like to use it).

Any help appreciated!

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Your noise filter should have taken care of this.

MovPic config -> about tab -> advanced settings button -> noise filter

The trailer button makes use of the OnlineVideos plugin, so just install that and the trailer button will be functional as well (streams trailers)

Last edited:

Bernard

Portal Pro
    March 5, 2012
    Centurion
    Home Country
    Awesome! I will see if I can spot anything that is not looking right... and then install the OnlineVideos plugin ;)

Bernard

Portal Pro
    March 5, 2012
    Centurion
    Home Country
    Your noise filter should have taken care of this.

MovPic config -> about tab -> advanced settings button -> noise filter

The trailer button makes use of the OnlineVideos plugin, so just install that and the trailer button will be functional as well (streams trailers)

I think it should be the "Sample Filter" (not the "noise filter") that I needed to look at.

I did investigate this settings and they all seem fine:
    • Regular Expression Filter = "sample",
    • Include Parent Foldername When Matching = "false"
    • Max Filesize (MB) = "150"
    My sample file is less than 15mb, so the size should not be a problem, and my filename do contain the text "sample" (ex. "Age of Heroes [2011] - Sample.avi").

Since everything did look fine, I took the sample movie entry in the Movie Manager and used the "Send To Importer" option, this time the file was ignored and the importer did not bother to look up the file. I did this with a few of the other sample files as well, and also tested the Importer by sending a actual movie file, which it did scan an import again.

So maybe it was just a glitch. If I see the files appear again, I will repost and try to give exact details what I did before this happened.

Thanks![DOUBLEPOST=1356075460][/DOUBLEPOST]A big thumbs up for the new filtering option on the Movie Manager! (y)

I thought I would just send each file to the importer again, to let it "disappear", but that was quite a task since I had a lot of samples in the list... so I quickly added a new filter that will only show files with the name "Sample" in them, and then now I can select all the movies and send to importer in one move!

EDIT: Ok, it was not "that" quick. When I select the "Full Path" option in the filter list, it takes a few minutes to first populate the dropdown of the value field with ALL the movie paths in the db.

Then I could not select all the movies and send them to the Importer at once (option is disabled when more than one file is selected), I had to do each one separately. And each time, the interface would switch to the Importer tab, which takes about 30 seconds to "load". (Don't know why, but the list of paths just appears one by one very slow each time it switches to that tab).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom