Samsung LCD TV HDMI\DVI Connection Issue (1 Viewer)

semichco

Portal Member
July 23, 2007
Home Country
Hi All,

I have recently purchased a Samsung 46" F8 series Samsung LCD and i am having a resolution issue using hdmi to hdmi or dvi to hdmi.

With a standard VGA cable the tv displays perfect 1:1 pixel mapping at 1920 by 1080
With either a hdmi to hdmi or dvi to hdmi the picture appears with a 1.5cm black bar around the outside
but the tv detects the resoltution as 1920 by 1080.

Both examples are at 60Hz

I am using the onboard graphics of the gigabyte ma69gm-s2h board.

Can anybody shed some light on this issue? It seems a shame not to be able to use these digital connectivity options to the TV when i have them available!

gokhan

Portal Member
January 14, 2008
Home Country
Assuming Samsung uses the same remote design for it's TV's, see if you have a button near the bottom labeled "P.SIZE" If you do, push that and cycle through all the different sizes until you get to one called "Just Scan", and see if that helps. I have an R8 series 32", and at 1920*1080 the desktop was bigger than the screen, Just Scan made it fit perfectly.

semichco

Portal Member
July 23, 2007
Home Country
Interesting, i did as you said but the desktop was considerably smaller than the screen. I then did some overscan to the tune of 15% to make it fit the screen but the picture wasnt the greatest. Im better of keeping to the VGA.

Its an interesting problem. It might be driver related or limitations of the 1250 onboard graphics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom