Samsung LE26R32B (1 Viewer)

THDBASED

Portal Pro
January 30, 2006
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Hi,

Does anyone have any experience with this LCD TV (Samsung LE26R32B)? There is a promotion going on in one of the electronic stores in Belgium (price 499 Euro) so I would like to know if this would be a good deal. I also would like to know if this TV would work nicely with MP?

Resolution of the TV is 1366 x 768 will this work good with MP? Pixel-wise that is...And also in the manual it says that the "special" PC options only work with PC-input and not with HDMI, which is kinda annoying because I have a mobo with onboard HDMI...

Link: http://www.samsung.com/be-nl/products/tv/archive/le26r32b.asp

And also if this is a good deal but someone knows a better TV for almost the same amount of money please tell me...

Thanks,

THDBASED

THDBASED

Portal Pro
January 30, 2006
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Sweet that is what I wanted to hear! :)
I bought the TV two days ago and I like it! It is definitely worth the money (499 euro)...
I haven't tested the HDMI yet but the PC input works well so maybe I will just use that one...quality wise it should be about the same no?

ThaClown

Moderator - Dutch Forums
May 28, 2006
Den Bosch
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Yea quality is not a big difference (they are both digital)
I just like the HDMI connection becouse then you select HDMI on the remote and it automaticly swiches to the most active scource (My DVD and HTPC are both connected via HDMI so I can select either by pressing the HDMI button..)

499 is a good deal, mine was 1400 (also cheap for a FullHD 40" screen of this quality)
Good that you like it, you should try to play some HD movies and/or series (720P or 1080P) it looks amazing!

sderuiter

Portal Pro
December 2, 2005
Yea quality is not a big difference (they are both digital)
I just like the HDMI connection becouse then you select HDMI on the remote and it automaticly swiches to the most active scource (My DVD and HTPC are both connected via HDMI so I can select either by pressing the HDMI button..)

499 is a good deal, mine was 1400 (also cheap for a FullHD 40" screen of this quality)
Good that you like it, you should try to play some HD movies and/or series (720P or 1080P) it looks amazing!

Slightly unrelated (although about a Samsung :) ), I also have a Samsung LE26B... (can't remember), connected via DVI-->HDMI.
This happens:

MP in standby:
1. Turn on TV, wait for "Check signal cable", then turn on PC (from standby) --> it works!
2. Turn on PC (from standby), then turn on TV, I get a "not supported mode" :-(

MP running (came from standby automatically, f.e. because it is recording) and tv is off:
If I turn on the TV, I get a "not supported mode". I can only get a signal again if I put the PC in standby and turn it on again.

Now, the "not supported mode" isn't supposed to exist in HDMI mode, only in PC mode.

Anyone seen this?

Thanks.

THDBASED

Portal Pro
January 30, 2006
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
I think the manual says that it is best to connect a PC with the PC input, because the other inputs are not supported for a PC, so non of the options you can select will have an effect when you connect for example a PC to the HDMI port, I think that is what I read but I am not sure!

ThaClown

Moderator - Dutch Forums
May 28, 2006
Den Bosch
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I think the manual says that it is best to connect a PC with the PC input, because the other inputs are not supported for a PC, so non of the options you can select will have an effect when you connect for example a PC to the HDMI port, I think that is what I read but I am not sure!

Yup I would connect via PC inpunt, that will work fine at same quality.
I think my TV (newer version) has HDMI from PC support so I do not have your problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom