Samsung LED TV - serial control - help (1 Viewer)

Kaoh

Portal Pro
September 11, 2006
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi, good post.
I am trying to get this to work on my Samsung A5 series LCD tv.
I am able to connect with my cable, set it to 115200 baud, used the service menu to set the hotel mode to on, set the debug mode on and I do get nice results in my Tera Term console.
So far so good, I disconnect the console, I edit the bat file to use the right buad and fire your bat file.
But no matter what my tv just does not react :(
It seems that my service port is in the wrong mode or something. And I have two menu options that may be part of it all, I have a service mode (normal/debug-DL) and a debug (on/off) and the Hotel mode (on/off).
But no matter what mode I use I never get it to respond. So what the am I doing wrong here?

arsenal333

Portal Pro
December 26, 2006
Melbourne
Home Country
Hello,

If I remember correctly the baud rate in the file needs to be 9600...
While the debug mode and a baud rate of 115200 gives feedback in the serial console, it is not the supported baud rate for sending hex commands, or at least not in my testing.

cheers

Kaoh

Portal Pro
September 11, 2006
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hello,

If I remember correctly the baud rate in the file needs to be 9600...
While the debug mode and a baud rate of 115200 gives feedback in the serial console, it is not the supported baud rate for sending hex commands, or at least not in my testing.

cheers

I tried those allready also. No luck :(
Everyone says I need to set my maintenance port to rs232, but that seems to be the option I can not find :(
I think it is still in wall mount mode, unless I set it in debug, a 3rd option doesnt seem to be available.

arsenal333

Portal Pro
December 26, 2006
Melbourne
Home Country
Sorry - I'm going to go over some dumb questions, just to see where you are at..

have you tried setting the TV to the 'UART' mode on the 'Hotel Option' menu, turning the TV off and on, then running the file?

" Samsung TV (Using your TV remote you now need to enter the Service Menu and Change some settings.)
1. Put the TV into Standby Mode, press [Info] then [Menu] then [Mute] and then [Power] when the TV turns on is shows a new Service Menu.
2. Enabled the Hotel Option, and Set the RS-232 interface to UART.
3. Use the Power button the turn the TV off and on again.
TV should now be ready for for communication with your PC. "

Kaoh

Portal Pro
September 11, 2006
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
2. Enabled the Hotel Option, and Set the RS-232 interface to UART.
That is the step that does not seem to be present in my hotel menu. On my service menu when I enter the hotel menu all I get are option about the power on. No rs232 options.

peacekeeper03

October 3, 2011
Super nice guide.

But i´ve the same problem! I have a LE52A656 an i´ve also a different menu than yours!

There is no RS232 option.
Just like the service mode (normal/debug-DL)
But nothing in the Hotel options.

I´ve also a Advanced Menu but no entry in it.
Mabey its in this menu.

Kaoh

Portal Pro
September 11, 2006
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Super nice guide.

But i´ve the same problem! I have a LE52A656 an i´ve also a different menu than yours!

There is no RS232 option.
Just like the service mode (normal/debug-DL)
But nothing in the Hotel options.

I´ve also a Advanced Menu but no entry in it.
Mabey its in this menu.

The advanced menu you can enter by pressing 0 0 0 0 while you have the menu item selected.

peacekeeper03

October 3, 2011
Thx for the Tip! But in this menu therewas also noting to find about rs232.

Any other advices? Maybe the tv isnt able to control over rs232! ?

Kaoh

Portal Pro
September 11, 2006
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I know it is possible, but I was unable to solve it.
During testing I did manage to change settings, but never the one I intended so I had to reset my TV very often ;)
I think the codes ae different from the ones that are published across the net.

Flash Team

March 14, 2012
Home Country
Spain Spain
Hello,

I have a Samsung with a RJ12 Data conector, Someone has the pinout of this cable to connect with a PC with DB-9 RS232?

Thanks in advance

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom