Sapphire PURE White E350 (IPC-E350M1W) (1 Viewer)

HTPCstarter

March 2, 2012
Home Country
Luxembourg Luxembourg
Hi everyone,
I'm new in your community :)
I used the search function but I didn't find anything about this AMD fusion motherboard, so please don't kill me if a similar thread already exists... ;-)

I think about building my first HTPC, in fact, it will be more or less a streaming client at the moment (without a TV card). Main task is playing movies/music from my NAS and send it via HDMI to my receiver and from there to the TV + surround system.
So nothing special here about gaming, 24/7 usage or something fancy. Maybe later... ;-)

My first choice is the "PURE White E350" (IPC-E350M1W) from Sapphire (+ 1x 4GB Kingston Value RAM)
(http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation/product/product_index.aspx?psn=0001&pid=1143&lid=1#) .

Has anybody experience with this board?
Actually, is MediaPortal running on this board?
Is it possible to watch (HD-)movies from an internal storage, respectively, stream (HD-)movies from an external storage with the Pure White (Gbit network exists)?

I'm happy about any comments from you. And I hope to benefit from your experience!

cheers,
HTPCstarter

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    From what I have read about the E350, it has HD playback weaknesses that its bigger brother the E450 overcomes, so you might want to wait for some further comments relating to this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom