Sat TV on TV Server 1.4.0 working and starting with 1.5.0 no longer works on my setup (1 Viewer)

BugsBunny

Portal Pro
April 22, 2006
Tirol
Home Country
Austria Austria
I've described my problem here:
And since it is more specific to TV server and as I did some further investigation maybe someone here got an idea what could be wrong with my setup.

So TV works fine using MP 1.4.0, but from 1.5.0 and up TV Server states that port 554 is already bound although no program uses it. In MP 1.4.0 it states port 554 is not bound.
So there must have been a change in network code from 1.4.0 to 1.5.0 and probably a dependency to some other windows services must have been added.

Maybe a developer here instantly knows what it might be?

I like to keep my Windows 7 x64 setup as "minimal" an lean as possible and have all unnecessary services disabled.
Maybe TV server of MP >= 1.5.0 needs some additional service running, that I have got disabled and is not listed under prerequisites?
I'm trying hard to get TV working for MP > 1.4.0

BugsBunny

Portal Pro
April 22, 2006
Tirol
Home Country
Austria Austria
I found the resolution:
I had set this registry value set to 0:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WBEM\CIMOM] "EnableEvents"="0"
As soon as I set it back to the default value 1, TV server did no longer say port 554 is bound and TV was working.
On MediaPortal 1.4.0 and earlier the reg value could be set to 0 without any problem. Starting with 1.5.0 channel playback will not work with the value set to 0.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom