Satellite TV not working in MediaPortal 1.28 (1 Viewer)

BugsBunny

Portal Pro
April 22, 2006
Tirol
Home Country
Austria Austria
I've got a Digital Devices Cine S2 V7A Twin and a DigitalEverywhere FloppyDTV for Satellite TV.
I've been running MediaPortal 1.4.0 for many years on XP with this hardware setup without a problem.

Now I did install windows 7 x64 on the same hardware (on another HD for testing).
I first did install SQL Server 2008 R2 Express using the manual on the MediaPortal site without any problems and then installed MediaPortal 1.28.
I did a channel scan Astra 19.2 that ran through fine. Then I wanted to preview a channel within the TV setup and I got an unknown error.

Under additional third party checks it says port 554 is already bound but when I use TCPView to check what program uses port 554 there is no program using it.
The services stated (RPC...) are running, file and printer sharing is active under the network card.
Firewall is disabled.
With the TV viewing prgs from the TV cards the TV works fine. MediaPortal itself runs fine also, but no TV :(

Under the win network sharing options I've seen that I have mediastreaming disabled. Could that be the cause?

To test things further I did install MediaPortal 1.4.0 on Win 7 and TV works now! Port 554 no longer is no longer shown as bound.
So from 1.4.0 to 1.28 some new prerequisites must have been added that are not listed under prerequisites.

I've attached the logs of TV service 1.28 and also a list of my active running services on Win 7. Maybe I've disabled a service that is necessary to run after version 1.4.0?

I'm running out of ideas why on 1.28 TV is not working.
Anyone here got an idea what could be wrong?

Attachments

• log.zip
    414.9 KB
  • Active_Services.txt
    405 bytes

BugsBunny

Portal Pro
April 22, 2006
Tirol
Home Country
Austria Austria
So after a long search and a lot of experiments I did find out the culprit:
I did disable events of the Common Information Model Object Manager.
As soon as they are disabled TV server will always show "port 554 is already bound".
Enabling/disabling events is done by this reg key:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WBEM\CIMOM] "EnableEvents"="0"
As soon as I set the value back to 1 (the standard value) port 554 was no longer bound and TV Server / TV watching is working fine now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom