[TV] Save last channel directly after switching the channel! (1 Viewer)

Snoopy87

Portal Pro
August 12, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,

it is really annoying, that the last viewed channel is only saved, if you close MediaPortal. It should be saved directly after you switch a channel.

If you use MediaPortal on your HTPC to watch TV, you will never close MediaPortal, because you use your remote control to shutdown your HTPC. In this case MediaPortal is not closed properly. So when you start your HTPC again, you always see the channel you tuned the last time you really closed MediaPortal by yourself.

This could be fixed, if you just save the new channel directly after switching the channel :)

Thanks!

Snoopy87

Portal Pro
August 12, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
Very great Support!

Could someone please explain why NOONE is answering?!!!???!!

You don't have to implement this feature (which is supported by EVERY set top box), but a short answer "no, we don't want this feature" would be nice instead of ignoring my thread since THREE (!!!) months!

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    As you can there is not much interest in this. (not even by other users)

Snoopy87

Portal Pro
    August 12, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    But I don't understand why? This is a normal behavior. Every set top box in the world saves the last viewed channels directly after switching, because in this scenario MP never saves this. It is always a bad idea to save all settings on exit. It's more user friendly, if an application stores the settings directly after applying them.

legnod

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 24, 2011
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    What do you mean with "saved"? I am able to switch back to the last used channel after switching to another. for example viewing channel1...comercials comping up...switching to channel 123...after 5 min i press the "back" button on my harmony and the channel will be switched to channel1....

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think he means focused in the TVGuide.
    It gets "saved/stored" only after you exit MP.

hafblade

Portal Pro
    January 19, 2011
    Trier, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I suppose that the Development Improvement Suggestions is not the most frequent used forum.
    The point is that many standard user don't look inside of this forum and the other point is that the development have much to do at the moment so short before the new release.

I think that the idea to save the channel directly after switch is a good one. I don't know anything why this would be bad.
    For me it isn't as interesting because I shutdown MP together with my pcs hibernation.

But even with this the feature could be interesting because a "go back to the last channel" functionality could be implemented.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom