[TV] Save last channel directly after switching the channel! (1 Viewer)

Snoopy87

Portal Pro
August 12, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
Example:

I'm watching "Channel A". No I exit MP, because I want to go back to Windows for some reasons. Now "Channel A" is stored as the last viewed channel.

Whenever I start MediaPortal, TV starts with "Channel A". Now I switch to "Channel B". After I'm finished with watching TV I press "OFF" on my Harmony and all my devices (HTPC, TV, AV Receiver) are shutting down.

Now I start my HTPC to watch TV. As said, it starts with "Channel A" and not with "Channel B", because "Channel B" was never stored. It would be stored, if I close MP manually to go back to Windows.

So it would be nice, if the last viewed channel would be stored directly after switching a channel and not on exit. This would be a normal behavior. Every device and every set top box stores the last viewed channel, input channel, etc. directly after switching it :)

Lightning303

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Well here we go, a user reading this and repling :p
    I do agree with @Snoopy87 on that.
    Maybe someone from the devs can take a little bit of time (as i dont think that this would be a big change) and fix this. It will defenetly make MP more polished :).
    Thanks for your hard work.

Last edited:

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Whenever I start MediaPortal, TV starts with "Channel A". Now I switch to "Channel B". After I'm finished with watching TV I press "OFF" on my Harmony and all my devices (HTPC, TV, AV Receiver) are shutting down.
    So you do not stop TV you just turn off the HTPC? (Is this off / sleep or what?)
    Can you not program the harmony to send a stop command before shutting down and this would then work as you want?

I am fairly sure that previous channel is currently logged on stop (not closing MP)

Snoopy87

Portal Pro
    August 12, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks, but I think this is not the right solution. It's just a dirty workaround until it's changed in MediaPortal. The change should be very, very easy, because the code already exists, it's just called at the wrong time. It should be called directly after switching the channel. Everything else makes no sense. Every sat- and cable receiver worldwide do this, so I hope MediaPortal will do it this ways too :)

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Thanks, but I think this is not the right solution. It's just a dirty workaround until it's changed in MediaPortal. The change should be very, very easy, because the code already exists, it's just called at the wrong time. It should be called directly after switching the channel. Everything else makes no sense. Every sat- and cable receiver worldwide do this, so I hope MediaPortal will do it this ways too :)
    But you still have not answered the question... are you turning off your machine whilst TV is still running?
    If so I guess the reason many people are not picking this up is because they stop TV. If you don't stop TV then your machine won't sleep and wake to record stuff when it needs to so they kind of have to stop the stream and hence it works for then. I am trying to understand how you are using MP, I am guessing you are only using it for live TV not for recordings?

Snoopy87

Portal Pro
    August 12, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Oh, sorry, that I didn't answer your question!

Answer: No, of course I don't stop the TV. I just press the OFF-Button on my Harmony to power off all my devices. My HTPC then shutdown, because standby is not working good with MediaPortal (Crashes, wrong Window Size, etc. after waking up)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom