Scan artist folder for artist image and fanart (1 Viewer)

Shangostar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2009
    Somerset
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Is it possible to save an artist image and fanart image in the music folder of an artist and have MP use those images when it does the database scan?

I'm a bit fussy with the images I use and find a lot of mine, particularly the artist images keep getting replaced with shite ones from last.fm.

I have audioscrobble and all music look ups off so not sure why this keeps happening.

It would just be ideal if it could do it in a similar way to how movingpictures does with movie covers and backdrops.

:D

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    So what should be done during Database Scan?
    Ignoring the Covers inside the Tags of a song?
    Always take the same Artist picture as a Cover for all albums of this artist?

I don't understand, what you want to achieve.
    Can you please explain more?

Shangostar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2009
    Somerset
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have found out in another thread that MP cannot do what I was asking but what I meant was if it would use images for artist and artist fanart that were found in the music folder during a scan in a similar way that moving pictures does with dvd cover art and backdrops, if moving pictures finds images folder.jpg and backdrop.jpg within the movie folder it will use those images instead of retrieving them online.

So if the music scan was to look for eg artist.jpg and fanart.jpg it could give priority to those images. for album art it would just do the same as it does now, not sure it it uses album art in the tag or uses folder.jpg?

This way you have easier control over what images are used and it wouldn't then need to look online for the images saving time on a scan.
    You would of course have to put all the images within the folders but you know the images used will be ones you have chosen and they will always be there should you ever need to rescan on a fresh install.

Reading this back im not sure ive done a better job of explaining tbh but hope you get my drift.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Ah, ok.
    So we still should search for pictures inside the tag for the Album.
    This is what we do now for a scan.

If you haven't checked the options that we should create artist and genre image, we will use the images for the Artist, which you have put into the Artist Thumbs folder.

Hope i understood you correctly, that your question was about handling the picture displayed for an artist and not the one used for the album. Correct?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom