Scan not working 1.17 (1 Viewer)

eber69

Portal Member
February 10, 2009
Stockholm
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hi,
I wanted to do a fresh install of MP so I downloaded 1.17.0.
I can't get the scan to find any channels. I've tried with a parallell program FireDTV Viewer( as I have that card of the type DVB-C) and it finds
the channels after a "full scan". I've tried to find the equivalence in MP 1.17.0 but did not find it.
I've tried all the enclosed transponder lists for Sweden with no signal and no channels found. I found scanning parameters on my provider's site
and thought to try the advanced tuning options. The feedback doesn't even state "No signal" then, just:

Scan freq:306000 Mod256Qam symbolrate6875....
Scan done, found 0 transponders....

"Search for transponder list" was checked.
I'm enclosing log files. I would appreciate any help. Thanks!

Last edited:

eber69

Portal Member
February 10, 2009
Stockholm
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Still trying...
I tried 1.16.0 so it seems not to be the MP version, rather some setting in my win7.
Uninstalled (complete) and reinstalled 1.17.0.
I tried with security settings by letting all MP folders become writable....to no avail.

eber69

Portal Member
February 10, 2009
Stockholm
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Next try was to totally disable Windows Firewall...same result, still no channels.

Last edited:

eber69

Portal Member
February 10, 2009
Stockholm
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Ok, it's been 15 days. No support for this? Please let me know if I'm in the wrong place or I have missed any essentials for support.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello

First, sorry for the delayed response - don't know how I missed seeing your thread. :oops:

I'll get straight to the point. The problem is this:
    [collapse]
    [2017-08-01 16:00:35,085] [Log ] [44 ] [INFO ] - dvb: Add Mediaportal TsWriter filter
    [2017-08-01 16:00:35,087] [Log ] [44 ] [ERROR] - Exception :confused:ystem.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040154): Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {FC50BED6-FE38-42D3-B831-771690091A6E} failed due to the following error: 80040154 Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG)).
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingServices.AllocateUninitializedObject(RuntimeType objectType)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Activation.ActivationServices.CreateInstance(RuntimeType serverType)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Activation.ActivationServices.IsCurrentContextOK(RuntimeType serverType, Object[] props, Boolean bNewObj)
    at TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.TvCardDvbBase.AddTsWriterFilterToGraph()
    at TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.TvCardDVBC.BuildGraph()[/collapse]

In other words: some of TV Server's vital components were not installed correctly. That might be because certain pre-requisites are missing, I don't know... but usually the MP installer ensures all pre-requisites are installed. :confused:

Please try to uninstall and reinstall MP 1.17.
    Make sure you run the installer with administrative privileges (right click -> run as administrator).

Regards,
    mm
    P.S. This problem is not related to your tuner or firewall.

eber69

Portal Member
    February 10, 2009
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thanks for noticing my post ;)
    I have reinstalled 1.17.0 with the same result I'm afraid (as administrator).
    I've reinstalled my win7 OS so it should be pure as a baby.
    So, last time TV was working for me was 1.13. I installed that version and scanning worked.
    I then installed 1.17, checking "update" on installation. Again no scanning. What's been added, I wonder?
    Logs included.

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I have reinstalled 1.17.0 with the same result I'm afraid (as administrator).
    I've reinstalled my win7 OS so it should be pure as a baby.
    So, last time TV was working for me was 1.13. I installed that version and scanning worked.
    I then installed 1.17, checking "update" on installation. Again no scanning. What's been added, I wonder?
    AFAIK, only dependency on the Visual C++ 2015 redistributable.

Perhaps your installation of that component is somehow broken/corrupted. That would explain why MP's installer would think everything is okay.

So, try uninstalling and reinstalling the Visual C++ 2015 redist.
    You need the 32 bit (x86) version for MediaPortal.
    Get the latest version here:
    Download Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Update 3 from Official Microsoft Download Center

If that doesn't work, try the Visual C++ 2013 and 2010 redists. Always 32 bit versions.

eber69

Portal Member
    February 10, 2009
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Progress! I reinstalled C++ 2015 and MP 1.17 and now it scans and finds channels. I use a CAM card and it seems that is not recognised as it says "Channel is scrambled" when trying to watch those channels. I know they worked when I tried 1.13 a little while ago. Should I reinstall the C++ 2013 and 2010 too?

eber69

Portal Member
    February 10, 2009
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Restarted and now I can see all channels, also the scrambled. Total success! Thanks for helping out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom