Scan of TV channels returns No Signal but tuner card is working (1 Viewer)

scott56hannah

Portal Member
May 16, 2012
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hi,

I am setting up Media Portal 1.2.3 on meeda centre machine.
It was previously working and I have been re-installing the software following some unrelated issues.

I have gotten to the last step and am scanning the TV channels on both tuner cards and I get the red "No signal" returned.

I know the tuner card is working and connected to a signal because I can use the tuner card software to watch TV and it is receiving all the expected channels.

The Tuner card is a Fusion HDTV DVBT_Dual (Divco) and the machine is Windows Vista.

It had been previously working and I cannot get past this step.

Can anyone assist me with the next step to diganose and resolve this problem. I have searched throughout the forums and help documentation and I do not know what to try next...

Regards
Scott

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello Scott

Could you please post the log files from the server:
    1. Open TV Server configuration.
    2. Click "open log directory" in the top left corner.
    3. Zip up the files you find there and post them here.

mm

scott56hannah

Portal Member
    May 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    mm,

Thanks for responding....Find attached the log files from my machine

The last thing I did before sending them was to try another scan unsuccessfully..

You might also see in the logs that I have tried one of my old tuner cards (DVT1000 T) that did seem to work. Unfortunately I cannot use this card as it only has one tuner on it and we need two (2) tuners in the same card.

Thanks for any help

Scott

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello again Scott

I don't see any obvious errors except in your older logs where it looks like you either have serious signal issues or a virus or spyware scanner is scanning your timeshifting or recording folder.

I note that you're using the DVB-T network provider with the non-working tuners and the generic network provider with the working one.
    Generic is the default for Vista and 7.
    Is there a reason that you switched, because I can't see you trying the generic network provider with the non-working tuners (?).
    I'm talking about "preferred network provider":
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...nfiguration/02_TV_Servers#Edit_Tuner_Settings

Please try the generic again.

mm

scott56hannah

Portal Member
    May 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    MM,

Yes well I tried the DVB-T setting after seeing a post relating to my issue.
    It did not resolve the problem and I must have left it like that.

I just changed it back and tried again with no success. I have attached the log files again.
    I also tested the direct tuner software again and it shows the tv signal coming through fine...

Can you suggest something else for me to investigate or try ?

Thanks for you help
    Scott

Attachments

• log2.zip
      144 KB
    Last edited:

scott56hannah

Portal Member
    May 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Yes I have since resolved this problem with the following method...

We had previously used Windows Media Centre on this box before installing Team Media Portal.
    As part of the recent problems I had completely re-installed the box
    I had not attempted to scan the channels using Windows Media Centre before trying Team Media Portal.
    When I did scan the channels using Windows Media Centre it found them
    I then scanned channels on both cards using Team Media Portal successfully and it is now working.

So it seems something in that process allowed Team Media Portal to see the channels and scan effectively after it had been done by Windows Media Centre

Thanks
    Scott

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom