Scan/tune Foxtel into Media portal (1 Viewer)

Nightmare77

Portal Pro
July 5, 2005
Canberra
Home Country
Is there any trick to getting Media portal to find the foxtel stations from foxtel digital setop box?, i have it outputting to the computer and have it coming in on the inputs of my digital tuner card, Fusion Dvico DVB-T Plus card , however i dont' seem to be able to tune in the channels , its outputting a signal cause if i plug the RCA lead from the box to my monitor it displays on the monitor via the RCA input on the screen, any ideas anyone?

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I don't have a Foxtel STB, so I might be talking rubbish here!

But, AFAIK you can only use the Foxtel STB to tune the channels, and then you must feed the video and audio outputs from the STB to the Dvico's video/audio inputs.

To change the channels on the STB from within MediaPortal you would have to use something like the MCE Remote IR blasters to send the channel commands from MediaPortal to the STB. You can manually setup the Foxtel channels in MediaPortal (there is no way for MP to "find" these channels for you) for the EPG and to enable you to change channels from within MP.

HTH?..... :)

Nightmare77

Portal Pro
    July 5, 2005
    Canberra
    Home Country
    hmmm sounds about right, maybe i should try and remove the tv tuner part of the card and just add in the SW/HW part in the Telvision setup part, then try and see if i can get any video coming in on MyTv section, at present i thought i would have to tune in a channel at least so i can assign that to the card in the configuration screen, might have a bit more of a play.
    Thanks taipan

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I have seen a few posts by others on this same topic and I think that BigBuddha was successful in getting it all to work with a Dvico card - so you might want to search his posts, or PM him for advice?

Also, this comment from me - "there is no way for MP to "find" these channels for you" - may not be quite correct. You should be able to import the Foxtel channels (at least their names) from the EPG? What I meant was that MP can't "autotune" the Foxtel channels for you.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom