Scanning Channel Fails, Empty Dialog Box in MyTV (1 Viewer)

fabbraun

September 2, 2007
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
TV-Server Version: -
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.3.0
MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo
Windows Version: XP Professional German, SP2
CPU Type: P4 2.53 GHz
HDD: 15GB Western Digital
Memory: 512 MB, DDR
Motherboard: Shuttle AV40S Version 3.1A (AV40SV3)
Motherboard Chipset: Northbridge: VIA P4X266, Southbridge: VIA VT8233
Motherboard Bios: AV40SB06
Video Card: MSI G4MX440, nVidia GF4 MX440, 64MB DDR
Video Card Driver: Verion: 7.7.7.2, Date: 15.06.2005, Company: NVIDIA
Sound Card: Avance AC'97 Audio for VIA Audio Controller
Sound Card AC3: -
Sound Card Driver: Version: 5.10.0.3650, Date: 03.12.2001, Company: Avance Logic, Inc.
1. TV Card: Hauppauge WinTV USB Pro (Pal B/G, Model 40204, Rev. B448)
1. TV Card Type: Analog TV
1. TV Card Driver: Version: 2.64.23189.0, Date: 08.07.2005, Company: Hauppauge
2. TV Card: *no other TV cards installed*
MPEG2 Video Codec: MPV Decoder Filter (are you looking for that, or something else?)
MPEG2 Audio Codec: MPA Decoder Filter (are you looking for that, or something else?)
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Cable - Cablecom (Switzerland)
HTPC Case: -
Cooling: 1xCPU, 1xGPU
Power Supply: 235W
Remote: *not connected yet*
TV: *not connected yet*
TV - HTPC Connection: *not connected yet*

Hello!

I'm using MediaPortal since some weeks and I'm very satisfied. GOOD JOB, keep on developing like that!:D

Up to now I only used it to watch Videos but some days ago I tried to install a TV card.
The "Hauppauge WinTV USB Pro" works fine with the supplied application from Hauppauge - WinTV2000.
But the try to use this "card" with mediaportal failed:(

1. Configuration
    Adding the TV-card to the configuration worked but when I want to scan for channels (Autotune->Scan) the configuration always crashes.

2. My TV
    When trying to switch on TV or changing a channel in "My TV" there is always a window (title: "TV", message: [nothing!, blank! empty!]) which appears...

I hope this is enough information for you guys...
Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Fab

Here are my logs:

fabbraun

September 2, 2007
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
at the moment my situation looks as follows:
  • I downgraded mediaportal to version 0.2.2.0 (stable) - i wasn't aware of using a unstable release...but this didn't change much.
  • I got "another" TV card from a friend...unfortunately it's quite the same model just another revision, so of course this one doesn't work either.
  • I uninstalled all TV-card dependent software and reinstalled only the driver but with no success.
  • When I go into the configuration of the capture card -> edit -> autotune and I select a channel down there the configuration also crashes with an exception (see exception.txt for more details).

What's the source of this exception, any ideas? Do I have to change something in the "capturecards.xml"-File?
Is it a driver dependent problem which in can't solve or is it rather the problem of MediaProtal?

Tnx 4 ya hlp!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom