Scanning with different results (1 Viewer)

Cesar

October 8, 2012
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I am scanning my sats and I get a couple of channels. It doesnt scan all the trnsponders correctly so immediately I start a new scan and it gives me different results. Im trying to scan 110, 119, and 129 and it nevers scans more than one sat correctly. everytime i get different resluts. Ive reinstalled my os several times thinking it was the bda driver or something else but it always happens.
I noticed that scanning sat 129 with DiSeqC Level 1BA gets most transponders but not all.
Any help is appreciated.

Update: I am installing windows 7 and will try it from there. I will report back how it goes.

Update 2: The sats seem to be scanning excellent now under windows 7 x64. I guess there must be some compatibility issue under windows 8 pro x64 (I didnt try x86), either the the genpix driver 2.0.2 or mediportal 1.3.0 rc.

Update 3: I was wrong. Mediaportal is not scanning the sats properly. I installed dvbdream and it scanned all sats properly. I was able to get all channels. Im thinking it might have something to do with this patch from mm1352000 https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/mediaportal-with-uncommitted-disceq.91185/page-7 and selecting ports from lnb. I am able to select ports in dvbdream just like my fta receiver but mediaportal just doesnt seem to work. I will try applying the patch and report back how it goes.

Last edited:

Cesar

October 8, 2012
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Well i tried applying the patch and that didnt work. When i was scanning i noticed that it was scanning all of the CircleR transponders and just completely stopped at CirleL. So i found out that those transponders or horizontal transponders can be converted to vertical by subtracting 25600. Thats it. So everything scanned perfect now. I scanned the sats and tuned to an fta channel from the manual control and returned with an unknown error. I jumped back to windows 8 x64 and am tempted to go down again to windows 7 x86. Can anyone help with this unknown error?[DOUBLEPOST=1362039730][/DOUBLEPOST]Here are my logs. I will now try it in windows 7 x86 but if anyone knows whats wrong I would like to get it set up in windows 8 x64.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom