Scheduled programs disappeared after re-scanning channels (1 Viewer)

blair_haynes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi guys

I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this, so I hope that the General Support thread is ok...

I have an issue whereby when I scanned for new channels, all my recording schedules have disappeared. Further to this, I also note that when I look at my recorded television, the programs that I had recorded, are no longer able to identify what channel that were recorded on.

I use a DVB-T tuner, and there were some new channels that I wanted to add. Rather than scanning and updating what channels were there, I deleted all the channels and did a full re-scan. It now appears that the new channels are not linked to the old. Also, when I look at which channel number they have been assigned, I see that they are all 1000.

Is there a way that I can revert things back to how they were?

Thanks...

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello Blair

It is not a good idea to delete all your channels unless you have to. The effects that you describe are exactly what will happen. This is because schedules and recordings are linked to specific channels. There is no way that I know of to relink them to the channels [which TV Server will consider as new]... unless you manually hack the database and replace the new channel IDs with the old ones.

mm

blair_haynes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    It is not a good idea to delete all your channels unless you have to

Hmmm... So I have just discovered! I had a suspician that this might have been the case...

Is there a way that I could re-import my recorded TV into the database?

And with regard to the schedules, is it possible to get these back somehow?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom