Scheduled recordings not showing (1 Viewer)

geoffstewart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 12, 2008
    Ottawa
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I've got this weird behaviour with iPiMP that I cannot figure out.

When I first installed it, I would be able to see scheduled shows for the upcoming week.. a feature that is important to me so I can make sure that I don't miss any shows (truth be told, to make sure I don't miss any of my wife's shows :) )

But it seems that the schedule is "stuck" to the day I installed iPiMP.... I installed it April 26, iirc, and now it will only show schedules that occured back in April.

I've restarted the apache process and looked for logs that might relate, but I don't see anything obvious.

Short of uninstalling and re-installing, is there anything you can think of to "kick" it to look at the current schedules?

Thanks.

Geoff

geoffstewart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 12, 2008
    Ottawa
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    OK,

After looking at the source in SVN, I think I get what's happening.

It looks like a call to TvDatabase.Schedule.ListAll() is being used to populate the schedule. This lists the schedule as it does in the SetupTv.exe... just one entry for each series or one-time schedules. Since I setup the series in late April, I see stuff for last month.

I interpreted this feature as "What is going to be recorded this week?". What is implemented seems to be "What schedules are configured?".

Would it be possible to add to the futures wish list the ability to see what is going to be recorded this week? The MP tv plugin shows you the upcoming recordings as I have described... it has some code that takes Schedule.ListAll() and for each entry, calls TVHome.Util.GetRecordingTimes(Schedule rec)... takes that list and then adds to a list all the instances of of that schedule that will occur in the upcoming time-frame.

Seems like this type of thing would fit into a "Upcoming" selection to add to "Date, Channel, Title".

Anyways, just wanted to close the loop since I now know it's not a bug.

Thanks.

Geoff

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
    August 26, 2004
    West Yorks, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Thanks, I keep meaning to improve the Scheduling section - it just seems to get bumped down the list.

geoffstewart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 12, 2008
    Ottawa
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hey Cheezy,

I put together a patch to add the scheduled recordings, if you're interested. Since the TvPlugin.dll already has this logic, I used it's implementation which of course adds a dependency on that dll. To make it work, I had to update all the dlls to RC4 (since that's what I'm using) and I also had to copy Gentle.config from TvServer directory.

Seems to work as I described above except for the fact that the list is ordered with dates furthest in the future at the top... I tried several ways to reverse the order but could not... seems changing the comparer method doesn't have an effect. Alas, that's just a nice to have.

Do with it what you wish... I understand it's kinda clunky including the TvPlugin.dll on the TV Server. Just seemed like a shame to rewrite all that code that just works ;)

Cheers.

Geoff

Attachments

• Schedules.vb.diff
      2.7 KB

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
    August 26, 2004
    West Yorks, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I didn't use your patch in the end as I didn't want to re-deploy the TVPlugin on a TVServer - so I just added some extra code, it'll be in the next version (already in Google code).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom