scheduled wake up of htpc from hibernate (1 Viewer)

olli14

Portal Pro
December 17, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
I want to wake up my htpc from hibernate to fixed times per day (e.g. at 9 A.M. and 2 P.M. and 8 P.M.). The reason is: I want to have the possibilty to schedule a recording from my handy via Internet when I'm not at home. Anyone an idea? Is there a plugin out there?

olli14

4Fred

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2005
    Jönköping
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    My guess is that can be done from sleep using power sceduler.
    From hibernate my guess that must be done from bios.

erichzann

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 25, 2011
    Oxford
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Why not just set a wake event in windows task scheduler? Then set power scheduler in mp to shut the computer down after 30 mins of inactivity. That way you will have half an hour to set any recordings before it goes back to sleep.

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If you want to schedule things from your mobile, I would suggest using a router that can wake up your htpc as soon as you connect from the outside to it (e.g. fritz box can do that).

olli14

Portal Pro
    December 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If you want to schedule things from your mobile, I would suggest using a router that can wake up your htpc as soon as you connect from the outside to it (e.g. fritz box can do that).
    That's not working. In Bios I have to settings for "wakeup event". If I set "wakeup event" to "Bios" I can wake my htpc via WakeonLan but then my htpc doesn't wake up when a recording is scheduled. When I set "wakeup event" to "OS" the htpc wakes up when a recording is scheduled but the WakeOnLan doesn't work anymore.
    I'll try the windows task scheduler.

Thanks.

erichzann

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 25, 2011
    Oxford
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Other option is to get something like a Raspberry Pi, leave it on all the time, remote in and then run a WOL app on it from inside your network to wake your htpc.

Last edited:

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    That's not working. In Bios I have to settings for "wakeup event". If I set "wakeup event" to "Bios" I can wake my htpc via WakeonLan but then my htpc doesn't wake up when a recording is scheduled. When I set "wakeup event" to "OS" the htpc wakes up when a recording is scheduled but the WakeOnLan doesn't work anymore. I'll try the windows task scheduler.
    That sounds strange - I have never seen a PC which can wake up either on LAN or on OS Events but not on both...

olli14

Portal Pro
    December 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    That's not working. In Bios I have to settings for "wakeup event". If I set "wakeup event" to "Bios" I can wake my htpc via WakeonLan but then my htpc doesn't wake up when a recording is scheduled. When I set "wakeup event" to "OS" the htpc wakes up when a recording is scheduled but the WakeOnLan doesn't work anymore. I'll try the windows task scheduler.
    That sounds strange - I have never seen a PC which can wake up either on LAN or on OS Events but not on both...
    With my old hardware (it has been a Zotac Mini-ITX ION board) it worked. But with all my other newer motherboard I had still the same problems. I wrote that my htpc is in hibernate mode. And you mean that it should work although I'm using the hibernate mode? That mean I have to make more tests.

olli14

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom