Scheduler failing to record (1 Viewer)

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Incidentally, in other version of MePo, I never had to do this.........has something changed?
    I don't know what version of MP you were using, but nothing has changed particularly recently.
    My experience agrees with the original poster. When I installed MP 1.9.0 pre to use as my "production" system, the "PowerScheduler" plugin in that version of MP was disabled by default (I did a completely new install, not an update install). The "trial" system that I had previously installed some months earlier (MP 1.4, I think) had "PowerScheduler" enabled.

I have been using MP as my HTPC for 3 months now, and I did not really pay attention to MP developments prior to that, but my recollection is that there was "PowerScheduler" that was built into MP, and there was a separate plug-in called "PowerScheduler++" which replaced "PowerScheduler" in MP when the "++" version reached a sufficient level of maturity (in MP 1.8 or 1.9 perhaps?). I am happy to have my possibly-faulty recollection corrected.

Perhaps the default setting for "PowerScheduler" in 1.10 should be checked, and changed to "enabled" if it is still set to "disabled"?

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    When I installed MP 1.9.0 pre to use as my "production" system, the "PowerScheduler" plugin in that version of MP was disabled by default (I did a completely new install, not an update install). The "trial" system that I had previously installed some months earlier (MP 1.4, I think) had "PowerScheduler" enabled.
    Well, if by "completely new install" you mean that you started with a completely clean slate - no existing TV Server database - then that explains why the PS plugin would have been disabled. To the best of my recollection, no TV Server plugin - "built in" or third party, including both versions of PowerScheduler - has ever been enabled by default. When you start with a fresh database you'll have all plugins disabled by default.

Perhaps the default setting for "PowerScheduler" in 1.10 should be checked, and changed to "enabled" if it is still set to "disabled"?
    As above: no plugin is enabled by default. It is not a fault/mistake/error/bug that the PS plugin is disabled by default. That is intentional and normal.

wmcftw

Portal Member
    November 2, 2014
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    The attempted recording of Cops this morning did not work. What am I doing wrong? Ok, I have just seen the steps to manually, stop and start the service.

I will try another scheduled recording.......maybe it does not like Cops......so I will try another show

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The attempted recording of Cops this morning did not work. What am I doing wrong?
    Please be more specific.
    1. What time was Cops meant to record?
    2. What channel was Cops meant to record on?

Ok, I have just seen the steps to manually, stop and start the service.
    Yes, please do that... because the PS plugin is still not running on the TV Server.

wmcftw

Portal Member
    November 2, 2014
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Ok. This advice worked
    1. Open TV Server configuration.
    2. Go to the plugins section.
    3. Ensure the PowerScheduler plugin is ticked.
    4. Go to the manual control section [of TV Server configuration].
    5. Click stop service... then start service.
    I was not stopping and restarting the service etc. I will do some more test recordings, but I am 99% certain that the problem has been resolved

Thanks for your help with this. I was getting really frustrated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom