Schedules Direct and/or EPG issues (1 Viewer)

STEVENJ

Portal Pro
September 7, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
MediaPortal Version: 1.0.2.0
MediaPortal Skin: Blue3Wide 1.0.1.0
Windows Version: Microsoft Window XP Service Pack 3
CPU Type: AMD 2.2 gHz
HDD: Compaq 160.02GB
Memory: 2496MB
Motherboard: ASUSTek Computer INC. NAGAMI 1.02
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card: Realtek HIgh Definition Audio
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: Hauppauge WinTV HVR-1250 (Model 79xxx, Hybrid ATSC/QAM
1. TV Card Type: Hybrid ATSC/QAM
1. TV Card Driver: Hauppauge Computer Works - WinTV Application Version 6.0.26080
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: Compaq Presario SR1820NX
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

I just upgraded to MediaPortal version 1.2.1.0 and it seems to be working fine. However, I'm having a problem with the EPG that came plugged into it. It won't list any schedules beyond today (Oct. 5). This has been this way for the past week and no matter how often I ask the software to grab an update, no update happens. This is despite the fact that the EPG plug-in indicates that it's done so. I also tried loading the Schedules Direct plug-in I found in the forums (since I'm a Schedules
Direct subscriber and used it successfully in the old version) but I couldn't install it since the TV Server Configuration software said that the plug-in wasn't compatible. What next?

STEVENJ

Portal Pro
September 7, 2009
Home Country
Thanks for replying to this post so quickly.:D I've now got the Schedules Direct EPG Client plugin attached. But I still don't have program information in my TV Guide. I've tried grabbing the schedules through commands in the WebEPG plugin and by importing in Import/Export. Still no luck. What am I missing?

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    Disable any other epg grabber in TV server plugins if you are using the schedulesdirect plugin, in case there are conflicts. I'm using OTA ATSC (not cable). You should be able to set up the SD plugin 1.2 like the older version. I don't have anything checked except the bottom most item in the advanced tab. You can check the item for grabbing the schedule on next start of TV Server, then turn off TV Service and restart MP. It may take several minutes to populate the guide ... if your scanned channels and Schedules Direct line-up match.

Best I can help with I'm afraid... I haven't had any issues with the guide and SD for 3-4 years of operation, and several upgrades to MP. I guess I got lucky, because there are a few that still are having problems.

Chuck

milhouse

Portal Pro
    November 9, 2006
    Raleigh, NC U.S.
    Home Country
    Check the box in the schedules direct configuration to "force update on next TV server start". Then stop/start the service. Check the Tv Server log - you should see it grabbing data and matching channels to the data.

I assume, of course, that 1) your login information is correct in the SD configuration, 2) your account isn't expired, and 3) you've got channels selected in your SD account.

Milhouse

TVfan

March 19, 2014
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    cleardot.gif

Hello everybody,
    I am a new user of Mediaportal and very happy with it. So, first of all I would like to thank everyone who is involved, it's a fantastic way to manage TV especially with ATSC (OTA) like I use.
    But....... '' Houston, I have a problem '' ............. I tried to solve it with ScheduleDirect assistance, they say it's a MediaPortal problem.
    Here it is: My EPG Schedule doesn't want to show the Global Montréal channel (no 608 for NextPVR and Windows media center AND Schedule direct but no15001 for mediaportal). All the other channels are fine.....

Global Montréal is also called '' CKMI-HD or DT'' etc bla bla.

With Windows media center I have the EPG for that channel AND NextPVR combine with XBMC also... it's only with Mediaportal that I have this problem......
    I tried to change the name, all the mapping options by number, erase all the other channels of the scheduledirect lineup etc bla bla..... nothing.........

So, Houston : Do you have any clue for me please ?

Thank you again for your good work. I really appreciate it.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome TVfan :)

Can you confirm:
    1. Was this "Global Montréal" channel found by MediaPortal when you scanned for channels?
    2. Does the "Global Montréal" channel not show in the MediaPortal channel list at all, or does it show with no program/guide information?

I note that if you probably have to tick "force guide update..." in the SD plugin advanced options tab in order for any of the SD remapping stuff to kick in.

Thanks,
    mm

TVfan

March 19, 2014
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi,

Wow, quick responce :)

Yes, MediaPortal found the ''Global Montréal'' channel. I can Watch the shows on that channel and the image and sound are perfect. But, it says EPG not available (empty EPG......no infos bla bla). I clicked on the option "force guide update" many times, not only while manually stopping the tv service but also by rebooting my computer.

Schedule direct they says the channel contains all the info, it is that mediaportal doesn't recognize the channel..................... i don't know what to say.....

Thanks again !

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Okay, so it sounds like the SD EPG channel hasn't been linked into the MediaPortal channel.
    The only way I know of to 100% ensure that channels are linked correctly is to rename the MediaPortal channel to match the SD call sign.
    Please try that.

TVfan

March 19, 2014
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Wow....... all i had to do was to change the name from CKMI-HD or DT to: CKMI.......................

Thank you so much. I spend 3 days of my life to try fix that and it took you less than 3 minutes........ i feel so stupide right now......... :)

The only thing is that the EPG it's only 24 hrs..... it's a matter of time or SD don't give more than a day in advance ?........

Live long and prosper \ /

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom