Schedules Direct Callsign Does Not Match HDHomerun Prime - Channel not mapped to card (1 Viewer)

heatvent

August 30, 2014
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I am having an issue getting EPG data for some of my channels. See the attached picture for an example for Nikelodeon. SD has it as NIK. My HDHR Prime is picking it up as NICK so I end up with a "channel not mapped to a card" issue. I can tune to NIK but I don't get any EPG data. How can I get this to work? I tried renaming the channel NIK in MP to match SD but no joy.

BTW...sorry if this is a stupid question, I am a noob to MP and did search around but didn't see anything in the forum directly on point.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    30.1 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome :)

so I end up with a "channel not mapped to a card" issue
    In case you didn't realise, that unmapped channel is one that the SD plugin has created. Unless using a capture card (eg. Hauppauge HD-PVR) to connect a set-top-box, I'd usually recommend people configure SD to not create channels. You can do that by unticking "automatically add new digital cable/satellite channels" in the SD plugin, advanced tab.

How can I get this to work? I tried renaming the channel NIK in MP to match SD but no joy.
    Please try this:
    1. Rename the MP channels to match the SD channel callsign (as you've done: "NICK" to "NIK").
    2. Delete the unmapped channels.
    3. Force SD to update the guide data:
      1. In the SD plugin advanced tab tick "force guide update...".
      2. In TV Server configuration, go to the manual control section.
      3. Click stop service... then start service.
    4. Wait approximately 5 minutes for the update to complete.
    5. Re-open MediaPortal and see if the guide data has come in.
    If this doesn't work, please attach your log files so I can check out what SD is doing.
    How to collect logs: debug mode link in the Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal folder in your start menu, then option 3 to export existing log files:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/16_Support/3_Forums/2_Log_Files

If only TV Server is installed (ie. using XBMC or MediaPortal is on another PC):
    1. In TV Server configuration click "open log directory" in the top left corner.
    2. Zip up all the files in that folder.
    3. Attach the zip file.
    Don't hesitate to ask if any of the above is not clear. :)

Regards,
    mm

heatvent

August 30, 2014
    Home Country
    Thanks for the detailed help. That does seem to work. Is there any other way to get this to work. For example, I have to rename NBCHD to WMAQDT to get this to work...preference would be to keep the NBCHD or even better yet rename to NBC as I don't include the SD channel and this would be more user friendly. I tried forcing SD to use channel numbers but doesn't seem to cause this to happen. Any possibility of working around this?

Thank you

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Any possibility of working around this?
    Once you've got SD to link the data to the right channel you can rename the channel to whatever you like without fear of losing the link. In other words, follow the previous procedure to link the SD guide data to WMAQDT, then add a further renaming step to change the channel name to your preferred name (eg. "NBC").

heatvent

August 30, 2014
    Home Country
    Sounds like a bit of work since there are about 30 channels with a different name in the HDHR vs SD.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    You know you can do the slow double click to edit the channel name, right?
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...TV_Channels#Two_slow_clicks_on_a_channel-name

And if you wanted you could use the import/export section to export your channels, delete your channels (to avoid issues when you re-import them), edit the names in a text editor (XML is just a text file), and then re-import them?

Beyond that, I'm not sure how we could make it any easier for you. The SD plugin and guide data are outside our control, and the channel names in TV Server are all we have (...which is to say: there are no alternative sources for the channel name in the broadcast stream PSIP/VCT, so we can't select a source that would better match SD).

heatvent

August 30, 2014
    Home Country
    I guess what I was thinking was a way to go through any channels not mapped to the epg and select what they should be mapped to. Not sure if this is possible if the sd plugin is developed separately. Another idea is you can select your channels online in sd. It could be useful to just download the channels selected in sd rather than the full list. Again this is probably a suggestion for the plugin not mp.

Thanks again for all the help.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I guess what I was thinking was a way to go through any channels not mapped to the epg and select what they should be mapped to. Not sure if this is possible if the sd plugin is developed separately.
    Yeah, unfortunately that's not possible for me to do as a TV Server developer. I can get a list of channels that are or are not mapped to external guide data sources (eg. SchedulesDirect, XMLTV etc.), but I can't get the all-important list of available guide channels. I can make it possible to edit the mapping ID directly (for SD that mapping ID is just a "string" including the channel name, call sign and/or number and ending with ".schedulesdirect.org"), but this would be too complex/unfriendly for most people. So such a feature could really only be implemented well in the SchedulesDirect plugin itself.

Another idea is you can select your channels online in sd. It could be useful to just download the channels selected in sd rather than the full list. Again this is probably a suggestion for the plugin not mp.
    Yep, that's another for the plugin.

Thanks again for all the help.
    No problem - any time. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom