Schedules Direct epg and Channel Problem's (1 Viewer)

jrhessey

Portal Member
September 16, 2007
First off, let me say I love this software so far... I started out with MythTV, but didn't understand linux so it was pretty much a pain getting things to work and continue to work. Next I moved onto GBPVR and thats a good little piece of software, but just didn't do as much as I wanted. Now onto my problems... I've got a subscription to Schedules Direct and I'm trying to get that up and going using the plugin posted here, but I keep getting an error when when I go to configure it. It also said in the instructions to wait 20 - 45 minutes for it to download. I've waited over an hour and I've got nothing in the EPG. Also, I think I have to use the source id to change channels. is the a fix for that? I did some searching but couldn't find too much on it. Thanks for any ideas!

birdog

Portal Member
September 10, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I had to download the latest xmltv (http://sourceforge.net/projects/xmltv) and set it to get tv_grab_na_dd in the configuration under Television - Program Guide - Scheduler and then clicked on Run Grabber and entered in my Schedules direct info.

patrick

Portal Pro
April 20, 2005
Southeast
Home Country

jrhessey

Portal Member
September 16, 2007
I am using version 0.2.2.0, so maybe that is the problem... I'm not sure how to tell of the latest SD Plug-in. I downloaded the zip file from the first post in that thread, I assumed that was the most recent. I guess if I can't get it to work, I'll go the route of birddog. BTW, what is the difference if I use xmltv instead of going directly to Schedules Direct? Thanks for the help.

I just downloaded the new version rc2 here at work and the sd plugin works just fine. I will make the change tonight. Thanks for the help!

patrick

Portal Pro
April 20, 2005
Southeast
Home Country
I am using version 0.2.2.0, so maybe that is the problem... I'm not sure how to tell of the latest SD Plug-in. I downloaded the zip file from the first post in that thread, I assumed that was the most recent. I guess if I can't get it to work, I'll go the route of birddog. BTW, what is the difference if I use xmltv instead of going directly to Schedules Direct? Thanks for the help.

I just downloaded the new version rc2 here at work and the sd plugin works just fine. I will make the change tonight. Thanks for the help!

Glad it is working for you. :)

patrick

birdog

Portal Member
September 10, 2007
Home Country
patrick - I am interested in trying your way but the instructions are a little old aren't they? I just reinstalled Media Portal and don't think I had a Zap2it dll file. I followed the rest of the instructions but don't see the Schedules direct in my extensions list to enable so I must be doing something wrong, Here are the instructions I tried to follow

Installation for MP stand alone:
Best Way:
-Exit MP and delete the Zap2it plugin dll file.
-Unzip the SchedulesDirectPlugin.dll file to the MediaPortal\plugins\process folder
-In MP Configuration.exe, Clear all your channels
-Run the auto-tune on your cards in MP
-Enable/Configure the Schedules Direct Plugin (DIDNT SEE THIS IN MY PLUGIN LIST so stoped here)
-Launch MP, allow 20-45 minutes for the first download/mapping
-If external channels were automatically added, you may have to assign these to a card in the MP Configuration.exe

wait - I think I tried the 1.0c, I will try the 1.0d tonight when I get home.

patrick

Portal Pro
April 20, 2005
Southeast
Home Country
patrick - I am interested in trying your way but the instructions are a little old aren't they? I just reinstalled Media Portal and don't think I had a Zap2it dll file. I followed the rest of the instructions but don't see the Schedules direct in my extensions list to enable so I must be doing something wrong, Here are the instructions I tried to follow

Installation for MP stand alone:
Best Way:
-Exit MP and delete the Zap2it plugin dll file.
-Unzip the SchedulesDirectPlugin.dll file to the MediaPortal\plugins\process folder
-Enable/Configure the Schedules Direct Plugin (DIDNT SEE THIS IN MY PLUGIN LIST so stoped here)
-If external channels were automatically added, you may have to assign these to a card in the MP Configuration.exe

wait - I think I tried the 1.0c, I will try the 1.0d tonight when I get home.

Hi,

For MP stand alone make sure you are using version for MP stand alone: SchedulesDirectPlugin-v1.0c.zip
(The other 2 downloads are for TVE3.)

Also verify the dll file is unzipped to the correct location. (The zip file has path information)

These are the only reasons I can think of that would cause it not to show up in the configuration.

So the Installation for MP stand alone would change to:
-Exit MP
-Enable/Configure the Schedules Direct Plugin (May be at the very bottom of the list of plugins)

Let me know how it goes

HTH,
patrick

birdog

Portal Member
September 10, 2007
Home Country
Using 1.0c with 2.2 standalone and got it enable but get exception configuring so not sure I have the rest in the right place.

************** Exception Text **************
System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'SchedulesDirect.Plugin.PluginSettings' threw an exception. ---> System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'MediaPortal.Profile.Settings' from assembly 'Utils, Version=1.0.2546.32604, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
at SchedulesDirect.Plugin.PluginSettings..cctor()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at SchedulesDirect.Plugin.PluginSettings.get_Username()
at SchedulesDirect.Plugin.PluginSetup.ShowPlugin()
at MediaPortal.Configuration.Sections.PluginsNew.itemConfigure_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

birdog

Portal Member
September 10, 2007
Home Country
upgraded and it works like a charm now

I did have to uncheck the channels so it didn't show them all in the tv guide but that was easy to do so thanks alot. It still shows the channels I don't care about when i channel surf without the guide but that is not a big deal as i rarely do that anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom