Schedules Direct plugin not working (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    If you can see and use the plugin in TV Server configuration then that's all you need.

but it isn't anywhere in the plugin manager
    Huh :confused:
    What "plugin manager" is this that you're referring to?
    To be clear: the only place you should expect to see the SD plugin is in TV Server configuration.

and nothing shows up on the guide. Am I doing something wrong?
    I can't say. The information you've provided is insufficient.

Please post log files if you want further assistance.
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/16_Support/3_Forums/2_Log_Files

Use option 3 ("export...").

Demitri

August 27, 2015
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I see the plugin on the TV server and I have my username and password loaded. But in the MediaPortal configuration under plugins it isn't listed anywhere. I can see live TV just my guide is completely emply.[DOUBLEPOST=1440722259][/DOUBLEPOST]Ok weird I have 999 channels (music stations) that all say no data after that I do have channels with guide information. They are weird it is like channel number, channel number, and then station ID. Anyway to combine these?

Also something else when I try to click on one of the stations with guide info it says no tuner found when I do the no data it works fine.

Sorry for all the noob questions and I appreicate the help.

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I see the plugin on the TV server and I have my username and password loaded.
    Okay, good.

But in the MediaPortal configuration under plugins it isn't listed anywhere.
    It's not meant to be.

I can see live TV just my guide is completely emply.
    Anyway to combine these?
    Also something else when I try to click on one of the stations with guide info it says no tuner found when I do the no data it works fine.
    It sounds like you have the typical SD plugin mapping issues. The SD plugin seems to work well with over-the-air ATSC TV, but not very well with cable.

So, you have the channels that you scanned in. They can be viewed... but have no guide data.
    Then you have channels that the SD plugin created, which are named beautifully, and all have guide data... but can't be viewed.
    It's a bit of a stand-off.

The recommendation I give to people in your position is to pull in the SD data in a way that enables you to map/link the guide data with your existing channels properly.

To be specific, I would:
    1. Disable the SD plugin in TV Server configuration.
    2. Go to the TV Channels section in TV Server configuration and delete all channels marked as "not mapped..." (those are the channels that the SD plugin created).
    3. Follow this guide to setup mc2xml with the XMLTV plugin (comes with TV Server - you already have it). mc2xml can pull your SD guide data into a file that the XMLTV plugin can import; the XMLTV plugin enables you to specify which guide channel gets linked to each scanned TV Server channel.

Demitri

August 27, 2015
    Home Country
    Thanks for all the help one quick question what is

A copy of xmltv.dtd is in your xmltv folder shown above. If you use a different folder for mc2xml.exe and your tvguide.xml file copy xmltv.dtd to your folder

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The "XMLTV folder" must contain:
    1. Your tvguide.xml file (in your case, generated by mc2xml).
    2. xmltv.dtd
    The default XMLTV folder is "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\xmltv". It already contains the xmltv.dtd file that you need.
    The instructions are simply saying that if you use that folder then you only need to drop in the tvguide.xml. However, if you use a different (non-default) folder, then make sure you put a copy of xmltv.dtd in it.

Demitri

August 27, 2015
    Home Country
    So what do I do if I have XMLTV checked but there is no folder call XMLTV therefore no .dtd file? can i download it somewhere and put it there manually?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    So what do I do if I have XMLTV checked but there is no folder call XMLTV therefore no .dtd file?
    I expect you're looking in "Program Files" instead of "ProgramData" - a common mistake.

can i download it somewhere and put it there manually?
    Yes.
    I clarified the wiki after you last posted. There's a link to download xmltv.dtd now.
    You can get it here:
    https://raw.githubusercontent.com/M...gine3/TVLibrary/TVServer.Base/xmltv/xmltv.dtd

Demitri

August 27, 2015
    Home Country
    Ok think I got most of it now when I click import it says no xmltv file found but I see it in explorer.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Ok think I got most of it now when I click import it says no xmltv file found but I see it in explorer.
    I'd like to help, but you're going to have to give me more to go on than that.
    For example, screenshots of:
    1. The file in Windows Explorer.
    2. The XMLTV settings.

Demitri

August 27, 2015
    Home Country
    I see the xmltv.dtd in the C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\xmltv folder in windows explorer but when I hit import in the plugin it gives me tvguide.xml: no xmltv file found

Thanks again for all the help[DOUBLEPOST=1440817045][/DOUBLEPOST]oh jeez!!! when I loaded the location I put \xmltv and when I put in \xmltv\ it worked... so sorry

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom