schedules direct plugin with MP2 (1 Viewer)

dmacleo

Portal Member
October 25, 2011
EDIT THIS DOES NOT WORK
I must have missed deleting something after after install and it had maintained the xmltv guide data.
sorry about that

have not had a chance to fully test it but so far it seems to work and is updating data
grab files from here
https://codeload.github.com/geoffstewart/mp-schedulesdirect/zip/master
copy the 2 dll files from the mp-schedulesdirect-master\package directory

SchedulesDirectPluginTVE3.dll
TvdbLib.dll

to the Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\Plugins\SlimTv.Service3\Plugins directory and restart tv services (I had to reboot system actually) and then under plugins the schedules direct section is there and allows entries.
I did fresh install of MP2 to test and its populated guide but have done very little testing.

Last edited:

Alexh

Portal Member
October 30, 2016
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hows this going?
I tried MP2 but the web guide got most of the channels wrong even though i live in a major metro area.

piscdi

Portal Member
March 17, 2017
Minot, Maine
Home Country
Hi Alexh

Have you tried EPG Buddy? Lehmden and Lightshock created it to simplify the whole EPG process. It uses (in the U.S.) a free TV Guide scraper and works flawlessly for me. You have the ability to map your own channels, so if your antenna receives them, TV Guide will have the info for them.

I used to use Schedules Direct and was reticent to go with a free service, but I have to say that a lot of the info TV Guide provides is more accurate. Overall I'm a very happy camper. Lehmden has compiled a nice, very straight forward tutorial on setting it up. The only caveat is that you have to adjust for time zone differences in the MP2 TV Configuration program (not in EPG Buddy, yet). As you can see in the included screen shot, that translates to -5 hours for Eastern Standard Time (normally its -4, but Daylight Savings Time adds another hour).

I absolutely love MP2. It just works for me and my wife. And with ge2301 and Brownard's WMC skin in the new turquoise, it looks better than anything else I've found and/or tried.

Give EPG Buddy a try; I think you'll find it as useful as the rest of us.

Attachments

• General Screen Shot.PNG
    General Screen Shot.PNG
    38.1 KB
  • Mappings Screen Shot.PNG
    Mappings Screen Shot.PNG
    41 KB

Alexh

Portal Member
October 30, 2016
Home Country
Thanks for detailed reply. I set up tvguide.com and I see my local channels in the EPG Buddy tvguide list. When I grab EPG now in EPG Buddy app, I see the programs download in the dos window.
However, in the MP2 tv setup - plugins - XML TV - General when I force import I see 151 channels imported but no programs imported.

Not sure what's causing this. Perhaps something set wrong in EPG buddy below - the instructions on the MP EPG buddy page are old.

Attachments

• epg.jpg
    epg.jpg
    118.2 KB

Alexh

Portal Member
October 30, 2016
Home Country
I think I see the issue, in the screen shot above it looks like the channel name in TV database is not mapped.
Does this need to be done manually?

Timothy Cobb

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2012
    Bellevue, Nebraska
    Home Country
    Don't know what the rest of you experienced, but the SD plugin does not work in MP2. As a replacement I used the xmltv plugin with the MC2XML plugin. Before all this i basically exported the channels from MP1 where the SD plugin does work, and imported them into MP2. This may have been an important piece for me since I also use the Directv Shef plugin and the audio and video channels are important in that scenario. Anyone needs any help with this scenario let me know. Also if anyone needs the Channels logos for directv then I have collected those as well from the Directv Web Guide.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom