Schedules Direct US/Canadian/Mexico EPG Plugin (Updated August 2010) | Page 100

Discussion in 'MediaPortal 1 Plugins' started by patrick, August 21, 2007.

1. MartyWakat

MartyWakat Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America
    Aloha,

I am just trying to get SchedulesDirect working and I have a fairly straightforward questions that I can't find the answer to anywhere. I have setup my SD account and set my lineup and have located and downloaded the Schedules Direct EPG Client plugin but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to install the plugin in the first place so I can then see it and configure it in the MediaPortal TV Configurator under the Plugins section. The file downloaded is SchedulesDirectPlugin-1.11.0.2.MPE1. I can find no documentation on how to properly load the MPE1 file into MediaPortal2.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
    martywakat@yahoo.com

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. milhouse

milhouse Portal Pro

R&D IS for a seed company
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0
    Home Country:
    Show System Specs
    If you have a dedicated machine for the TV Server (no client), then MPE1 files aren't recognized. Options:
    1. Install the client, even if you aren't going to configure or use it
    2. Open the mpe1 file as a .zip file (or change extension to .zip). Then open it, rename the two DLL files (delete everything up to and including the dash) and put the dll files in the TV server Plugins directory C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\Plugins

4. wjw

wjw Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +34 / 0
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

I have recently raised this question in another thread but I think it might be better here.

I'd like to use SD and mc2xml, have set it up on a trial basis, worked OK, except that the Series and Episode numbers, which although contained in the downloaded XML file from SD, do not seem to be written into the EPG. These data do really help with scheduling recordings (I use TVWishlist).

Any ideas on how to fix this please?

5. Penbrock2

Penbrock2 Portal Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Home Country:
    Anyone else having issues with missing hours? I have used SD for over a year and it has been great, until the past few weeks It keeps dropping prime time hours.
    This is happening on all 3 of my MP's

6. 2BitSculptor
    • Team MediaPortal

2BitSculptor Super Moderator

Sculptor - Maquettes, Resin Figure Model Kits, Toy
    Ratings:
    +386 / 0
    Home Country:
    Show System Specs
    working fine here. I have full 14 day listings

7. benicehavefun

benicehavefun Portal Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    Home Country:
    Penbrock2 - No problems with Schedules Direct here in Phoenix, AZ. I get EPG data for a couple of hundred channels -- a mixture of OTA, cable and satellite. Since I take only a partial download (configured through the SD website), I get the full 13 days of data. I have last minute guide changes set for "48 hours". It all works really well.

8. Penbrock2

Penbrock2 Portal Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Home Country:
    Thanks for the update. It most be something with my account or a network issue, It's just very strange it is happening on 3 stand alone MP's. Sounding to me like I need to look at the SD feed itself

PS: I did not remember this issue before upgrading to 1.15, but I do not see how that could do anything

9. benicehavefun

benicehavefun Portal Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    Home Country:
    Have you tried the sequence of checking the "Force full guide update on next TvService startup" in the SD plugin, followed by the "Refresh DVB EPG" under Manual Control in TV Server Configuration. Then in that same Manual Control area click the "Stop Service" button, and after a brief pause, the "Start Service" button. All of your EPG data will be dumped and new data downloaded from Schedules Direct. This may take a while depending on how much EPG data you're subscribed to -- half an hour or more if you have 1000+ channels (which I don't recommend, but some people get that much!)

10. Penbrock2

Penbrock2 Portal Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Home Country:
    Thank you, I will try that. I missed the parts in the manual control and only checked the Force box

11. jachin99

jachin99 Portal Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Home Country:
    I'm trying to set this up but I'm confused. I have added the .dll file to my tv server plugins folder, and I see the plugin tab on my TV server configuration screen. I have also entered my login info but I'm not sure to do what next. I'm also confused about this step
    -Run the auto-tune on your cards in MP
    I'm on MP 1.18 and Windows Home Server 2011. Is there any other info you might need, or what else can I do to fix my issue? Thanks

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!