SchedulesDirect Plugin Channel Name format (1 Viewer)

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    The fact is that mc2xml is the tool which uses sd json data. Dunno if you need standart or donate version

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Currently using MC2XML to grab xml data and hope to be able to grab json data when ready to do so.
    I think you're confusing things a bit.

The latest versions of mc2xml can grab from the SD legacy/XML (service name "schedules direct") or SD JSON (service name "schedules direct json") services. Either way it's going to output the data in XML format (XMLTV to be precise) which you can import into MediaPortal.

It's true that the SD JSON service has some advantages (in terms of content - season/episode numbers etc.) over the legacy/XML service. However in general XML and JSON are simply data transfer/storage formats. In other words, the point I'm trying to make is: the fact that the output from mc2xml is XML is nothing to worry about. It's just a data storage format. As long as you configure mc2xml to use the SD JSON service, you're getting the JSON data.

EW Thomas

Portal Pro
    January 5, 2016
    Southwestern Virginia
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    The latest versions of mc2xml can grab from the SD legacy/XML (service name "schedules direct") or SD JSON (service name "schedules direct json") services. Either way it's going to output the data in XML format (XMLTV to be precise) which you can import into MediaPortal.

That is the answer I was hoping for :) You're probably correct on the confusion. The guide data process is a new wrinkle to me..quite a way from 2 Way Radio Service :)
    I'm guessing that the output will need to be renamed "tvguide" like the current version,or at least that was what I read into it :) The version of mc2xml has a check box for
    SD JSON service but when I attempt to download data that way the SD server sends back the error that my client needs to make the call for download.

I'm using the xmltv plug in currently to import the data into the EPG. I have included a couple of captures that show that error. Being I am ignorant to the whole process I'm sure
    I am overlooking some simple step LOL!

Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• J1.PNG
      J1.PNG
      81.3 KB
    • J2.PNG
      J2.PNG
      47.6 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I'm guessing that the output will need to be renamed "tvguide" like the current version,or at least that was what I read into it :)
    Yes, it will.

The version of mc2xml has a check box for SD JSON service but when I attempt to download data that way the SD server sends back the error that my client needs to make the call for download.
    Refer to southpaw's comment in the other thread you've been posting in:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/epg-data-schedules-direct.132981/#post-1164922

That comment explains how to solve the problem.

EW Thomas

Portal Pro
    January 5, 2016
    Southwestern Virginia
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Thank You for the information! For some stupid reason I error out at first base with the fix.
    I can run mc2xml from CMD but the only thing I can make changes to is the box where user name and such is entered.
    I can't get to the point to make any changes in cmd prompt. I must be totally ignorant today!

Attachments

• cmd.PNG
      cmd.PNG
      42.4 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom