Scheduling Priority being ignored when conflicts occur (1 Viewer)

Cory

Portal Member
January 16, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
TV-Server Version: NA
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.3.0 Final + SVN-Snapshot: 01-24-2008 05-04h - Revision:17150
MediaPortal Skin:
Windows Version: XP SP2
CPU Type: AMD 64
HDD: 180 GB
Memory: 512 MB RAM
Motherboard: Asus NVIDIA GeForce 6150B + nForce 430
Motherboard Chipset:
Motherboard Bios:
Video Card: Integrated
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card: Integrated SoundMax
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: Hauppauge 150
1. TV Card Type:
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: ffdshow
MPEG2 Audio Codec: ffdshow
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Cox Cable (US)
HTPC Case:
Cooling: Fan/Air cooled
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV: Optoma HD-72 720p Projector
TV - HTPC Connection: Digital -> HDMI

When scheduling the show "Friends" for every time on every channel it conflicts with some other shows (even itself if 2 channels are playing the show at the same time). This is to be expected, and I would expect the other programs scheduled with the higher priority to be recorded instead. However whenever the show has a conflict symbol on the EPG nothing is recorded. I only have 1 tuner, for multiple tuners I would expect each tuner to be assigned a conflicted show starting from the top of the priority list on down.

If the show is conflicting with itself, pick one, lower channel, higher channel, random 50/50, who cares. Why would you instead choose to do nothing? Especially with an option like "any time any channel" where the user clearly just wants to get all he can knowing full well that sometimes that's impossible and can accept a missing show where they were both on different channels at the same time. Versus, a really specific recording choice like I must record this show at this time, on this day, and on this channel, which means the user carefully considered that they need that specific show, so record it.

Also the other thing I hate about conflicts, is how to resolve them. It's very difficult to turn a general recording plan into a recording plan with exceptions. For example, if I use the any time any channel option and I have conflicts, I can't resolve the conflict by removing 1 or 2 episodes from the schedule, instead the whole recording option is deleted along with every episode that would have recording just fine without conflict. Why can't I just say, ignore this show at this time as an exception to the rule in order to resolve the conflict?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom