Scrambled channel sometimes do not get unscrambled - No signal error (1 Viewer)

DjeC64

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Gent
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    MediaPortal Version: MP-1.2.0-Beta
    MediaPortal Skin: Blue Wide
    Windows Version: Win 7 32bits
    CPU Type: X2-5900+
    HDD: Samsung SATA 320Go
    Memory: 4Go
    Motherboard: MSI K2A-FH
    Video Card: AMD 780G
    Video Card Driver: Catalyst 11.6
    Sound Card:
    Sound Card AC3:
    Sound Card Driver:
    1. TV Card: Floppy-DTV S2 + CAM Astoncrypt 2.18
    1. TV Card Type: DVB-S
    1. TV Card Driver: Last driver + firmware
    MPEG2 Video Codec: Cyberlink 11
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: LAV audio
    h.264 Video Codec: Cyberlink 11
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: Astra 19.2E-CANALSAT

Hi very often I am unable to unscramble channels from my provider. FTA works fine but when I switch to scramble they do not work. I can open the CI menu and my rights are active. I need several reboot and eventually I get them working. Until next time. This started to happen since RC. I did a clean install of the 1.2 but still the problem occurs. Please have a look at my logs.

Additionnally I notice a problem with imported recordings into the database. Few of them are always showing up greyed out and they can not be imported.

Thank you.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi DjeC64

I don't see a single scrambled error in your logs so it is difficult to say what might be wrong. Can you please reproduce again and provide new logs...

mm

DjeC64

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Gent
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Here they are.

1st logs are up to the time the picture freezes and I get signal lost. Look up from the end.
    2nd are after a restart. I tried to tune a scrambled channel without success then go to unscrambled channel (TV5 monde) then it works. Go back to scrambled channel then no luck.

Note that after some restart it does work until it crashes again.
    Thanks for your help.

DjeC64

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Gent
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Thanks DieBagger. I am going to try and let you know if that works.

Well. I applied your patch (copy TVlibrary.dll and .pdb to TVserver) but did not see the button ResetCam. However things are as bad the channels are not descrambled. Thanks anyway.

I am puzzled now. Both ProgDVB and FIreDTV viewver say that the card is not active. However in windows and Tvserver the card is well active. I can use it for FTA.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again DjeC64

Well it appears like it is not a matter of the CAM not decrypting the signal, so nothing to do with the card or subscription. More like the tuner simply fails to find signal. Are you sure your signal quality is okay? It looks like the transponder with the 13EME RUE channel may be a little weaker than some of the others...

mm

DjeC64

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Gent
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    I did try several times many other channels the encrypted ones did not work while Renault tv and tv5 monde worked. They are fat. Anyway this weekend I will increase the size of the dish and optimize the reception. We will see.

DjeC64

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Gent
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    I improved the quality of my reception. I get over 80% all channels. Still the problem happened once tonight on channel with 93% quality. Oddly when that happens only scrambled tv does not work and other software (progdvb and dvbviewer) tell me that the card is not active. However if I turn off tvservice then those program can use the card as normal. I guess the card is locked by tvservice in some error then. Once everything is back to normal tvservice is on and mp works with scrambled channels then other programs can use the card.

Now testing die bagger mod with all preloading and linkage off, no pause on channel change. Let's see.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Oddly when that happens only scrambled tv does not work and other software (progdvb and dvbviewer) tell me that the card is not active. However if I turn off tvservice then those program can use the card as normal. I guess the card is locked by tvservice in some error then.
    Yes, TV Server would prevent other software from using the card because you're using "pause mode" (that is documented in our wiki -->here<--)... and in fact "pause mode" might be the problem. Please try changing the "when card enters idle state..." setting to "stop card".

mm

DjeC64

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Gent
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Ok after 2 weeks. Thé problem did not come back. What i did was a complete re-setup of the chain from dish to satellite card. So no more signal dropping below 84%.

Also i followed various advices: no pause card, no Epg grabbing, no card preloading, also use the match for Floppy-dtv CAM.
    Now it has never been running so stable for so long.
    MP 1.2.1 is so great!

Thanks everybody for help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom