Screen Black after watching a serie & Resume S3 input device not working (1 Viewer)

ejtje

Portal Pro
November 29, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hello all,

I have to small issues with my MP Config. Or in fact two that I need some help with, the other are just time related. (upgrading HDD to SDD And external storage)

So what are the two issues:
- Black screen after watching a series, I'm running TV series plugging and it goes to black when i just finished watching a episode. I hit a key on a user interface and the screens shows a image again. It brings me to the pop-up message that is asking to rate the episode. I would like to see that the screen doesn't go to black, so anyone has a idea?

- The second issue is Sleep related. When MP wakes from S3 sleep my keyboard (logitech connected by blue tooth dongle) doesn't respond any more. My temporary fix is to hit the reconnect button on the keyboard and USB dongle. You know that little red button.

I understand that it is hard to guide me to a solution without the complete picture, but for a starter you could guide me to some things i could check. That will be much appreciated

Greetings

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    1. Try different skin, do you still get problem? This will help diagnose where problem is + how to fix.

2. Doesn't sound like this is related to MP. Do you get this problem when your computer wakes from sleep with MP not running?

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi

You posted the black screen problem in "Blank screen after video" thread in this forum - can you confirm it's not your power settings blanking screen outside of MePo - see Power Options in Control Panel - what does it say about "Turn off the display" - for MePo usage, I'd recommend 'never'.

Your remote issue - 100% with Kiwijunglist, I have same problem, it's how your motherboard and IR receiver interact - it's massively annoying but entirely outside of MePo.

Can you populate your system spec's within your profile - there may well be someone who has same or similar setup [motherboard & remote] who has got it working,

Cheers - JCMP

ejtje

Portal Pro
    November 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    1. Try different skin, do you still get problem? This will help diagnose where problem is + how to fix.

2. Doesn't sound like this is related to MP. Do you get this problem when your computer wakes from sleep with MP not running?

I tested to find the issue, it's indeed not a MP issue but maybe a driver issue and Windows 7? I tested sleep without MP running and wake, keyboard mouse not responding. (both using the same logitech blue tooth USB dongle. So I will have to look into is some more. My MCE remote (bought in Chine is broken, and I ordered a other one. That's why I use the Keyboard know)

Hi

You posted the black screen problem in "Blank screen after video" thread in this forum - can you confirm it's not your power settings blanking screen outside of MePo - see Power Options in Control Panel - what does it say about "Turn off the display" - for MePo usage, I'd recommend 'never'.

Your remote issue - 100% with Kiwijunglist, I have same problem, it's how your motherboard and IR receiver interact - it's massively annoying but entirely outside of MePo.

Can you populate your system spec's within your profile - there may well be someone who has same or similar setup [motherboard & remote] who has got it working,

Cheers - JCMP
    The Screen blacking issue is solved by changing the setting as you said. I found it strange that is was blacking directly after a episode has finished, so never thought that is had anything to do with the 5 minute setting that I had configured. Thanks for guiding me there!

I have added al my systems specs, had done it before but there where gone. Maybe something to do with this forum migrating?

Both of you thanks for your help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom