screen blanking after so many minutes (1 Viewer)

toplad

Portal Pro
October 30, 2013
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
so the screen started to go blank whenever i stop watching tv or its just left on as soon as i press a button on the remote the screen appears again. its been like this for months haven't been able to work out why its doing it? also unsure if its related but when i watch videos/tv media portal seems to zoom in and out sometimes any idea how to stop this from happening?

thanks in advance!

toplad

Portal Pro
October 30, 2013
Home Country
that sorted the problem disabling the view mode switcher thank you!

any ideas why the screen goes blank? im beginning to think its hardware related to some bios power saving feature

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    any ideas why the screen goes blank? im beginning to think its hardware related to some bios power saving feature
    Did you by chance define screensaver entries?
    BlankScreen.JPG

toplad

Portal Pro
    October 30, 2013
    Home Country
    You're a star!!! Thank you!

Now I just need to work out why my arrow keys aren't working on the remote

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Now I just need to work out why my arrow keys aren't working on the remote
    You will need to give us a little bit more Information about your setup. What kind of remote are you using, which MP version are we looking at, etc.?. Generally speaking we would appreciate if you filled out the system specification part in your profile and switched it to visible). Also logs (in debug mode) are the ultimate means of providing full scope info to the community for help.

toplad

Portal Pro
    October 30, 2013
    Home Country
    hey sorry,

im using version 1.12 the remote ive been using for years just randomly stopped working when the tv cards un mapped themselves.

ive tried using different remotes as well as another e home sensor no joy.

if i click an icon on the desktop i can use the arrow buttons to move across the desktop however i have no function at all in media portal other than the special keys such as recorded tv, green button etc..

its driving me mad!

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

toplad

Portal Pro
    October 30, 2013
    Home Country
    hey, sorry wasn't at the pc when i replied.

ive updated my system, please see attached logs for the remote control problem.

dont worry about the tv card problem as i fixed that issue.[DOUBLEPOST=1440348882][/DOUBLEPOST]unsure if its related but the keyboard arrows dont control media portal either again they work in windows though

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom