Screen goes blank (1 Viewer)

kransky.dan

February 25, 2013
Home Country
Australia Australia
Windows 7 64bit
Media portal 1.3.0.0rc

Hi all,

I have a problem with the screen going blank after pressing the stop button randomly. Happens 60% of the time.
I've gone through the search results before posting and this is what i have tried.

1) Power settings in windows is all set to never
2) Screensaver in MP is turned off
3) I have uninstalled all codecs and install SAF6 as per other page suggestions and tried various combinations of codecs.
4) Windows is up to date.

when I change the video render from EVR to VMR9 and press stop the screen doesnt go blank - it changes the resolution so i lose the screen to the right and down a little.

to get it back from the blank screen I need to "restore down" and then "maximize" and everything is fine, until I press stop again.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can look at? I really wanna get this working!!!!

Thanks in advance!!

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Logs, a must as Vasilich says - pending that, not Windows blanking your screen on screen saver - sure I've seen it do that at some point on one of my build/versions.

Cheers - J.

kransky.dan

February 25, 2013
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    hi guys,

Thanks for the comments but i think I fixed the issue.
    I re-installed windows and media portal - all seems to be working for now.
    i dont know what it was but must have been some config issue - noob and all.

If i have any other problems ill grab the logs first.

thanks again!!
    Dan

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Windows 7 64bit
    Media portal 1.3.0.0rc

Hi all,

I have a problem with the screen going blank after pressing the stop button randomly. Happens 60% of the time.
    I've gone through the search results before posting and this is what i have tried.

1) Power settings in windows is all set to never
    2) Screensaver in MP is turned off
    3) I have uninstalled all codecs and install SAF6 as per other page suggestions and tried various combinations of codecs.
    4) Windows is up to date.

when I change the video render from EVR to VMR9 and press stop the screen doesnt go blank - it changes the resolution so i lose the screen to the right and down a little.

to get it back from the blank screen I need to "restore down" and then "maximize" and everything is fine, until I press stop again.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can look at? I really wanna get this working!!!!

Thanks in advance!!

Have you checked windows power settings? Set turn off monitor to "never".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom