Screen Saver not Working (Windows 7) (1 Viewer)

vhaz

September 15, 2009
I'm having a strange problem with MP on Windows 7 and I am not convinced that Windows 7 is the actual culprit here.

MP's built-in 'blank screen' screensaver will not start at all, no matter what duration for idle time-out I enter. I've done all the usual stuff already as well, such as ;

Installed MP as 'administrator'
Have run MP in all compatibility modes
Run the configuration tool as 'administrator'
Ran MP itself as 'administrator'

I thought at first it might be the IR Server Suite, so I turned that off and the problem remained.

All that aside, I disabled the idle-time in the MP configuration tool and tried using a Windows screen saver and that does not work either. When I have MP open, the windows screen saver 'tries' to kick in (screen flickers at the specified time duration) and then MP comes back up.

When I do not have MP running, my windows screen savers work fine. SO, MP is preventing Windows screen savers from working, as well as its own (strange!) and it also also preventing my HTPC from going to SLEEP after the specified 45minute period. (Works if MP is not running).

Has anyone else out there experienced this same problem? Found a fix?

FYI : I do not want to set a button on my remote to start a screen saver manually.

:confused: :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom