Script to automatically create folder.jpg images for your series (1 Viewer)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Installation:
    Copy dontrunme.bat to C:\DontRunMe.bat
    Copy runme.bat into your tvseries main/root folder eg. D:\Media\TV\RunMe.bat
    Now you can run runme.bat to create folder images for all your tv series
    (Note: you need to be logged in + physically at your PC when you run this file, it won't work over a remote desktop connection)

What does it do:
    It will get a list of subdirectory names from your tvseries root folder (ie the folder that you placed runme.bat inside)
    It will then check to see if a folder.jpg exists in the subdirectory
    If folder.jpg doesn't exist it will then copy the Series poster from the mediaportal thumbs directory and save it as folder.jpg
    If the subdirectory folder name doesn't exactly match the tvseries name in the thumbs folder then it will skip that series

folderimages.png

Request for someone with better programming skills to improve on this (@jmcentire ?)
    Someone with better programming knowledge could probably improve on this by querying the tv series database.
    1. The script would first ask what the tvseries root/main folder(s) are.
    2. It would go through every episode in the database
    3. If the episode's directory was a direct subdirectory of the tvseries root folder then it would save the series poster as folder.jpg in that directory.
    4. If the episode's directory was not a direct subdirectory of the root folder it would save the season poster as folder.jpg in that directory AND it would save the series poster in the parent directory of that episodes directory.

Download Here:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/make-your-tv-series-folders-pretty.120861/

Last edited:

Shangostar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2009
    Somerset
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    This is a great start for when TV series is able to scrape local information.

Would love to see it developed further to also copy season posters, episode images etc. that will be scraped by the plugin.

Does it use the folder name to reference the tv show? Might need to rename a few of mine before i run it if it does.

Last edited:

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    This is a great start for when TV series is able to scrape local information.
    I don't believe this ever will happen... This is in Mantis since 2008 now but nothing, absolute nothing is done on this. I believe we're all using MP2 long before this will be ready to use.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    The last time a Dev had a look at this mantis is 1 and a half year ago... Priority low is meant really low. This was accepted only to prevent users from nagging all the time. One of the main goals of TVSeries is to promote TheTVDB. All that can be used to be a bit independent to this not really stable source needs heavy fight with devs to be implemented...

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I didn't make this for tvserver imports, I think correctly naming your tv series so it's identical to the thetvdb solves this problem. I made this so you have pretty folders, especially useful if you use something like wdtv or anything else to browse network shares. I wouldn't want a .nfo file and a .jpg for every episode in a season, that would make the folders really messy.

Shangostar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2009
    Somerset
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I didn't make this for tvserver imports, I think correctly naming your tv series so it's identical to the thetvdb solves this problem. I made this so you have pretty folders, especially useful if you use something like wdtv or anything else to browse network shares. I wouldn't want a .nfo file and a .jpg for every episode in a season, that would make the folders really messy.

I realise that, all my file names are named to work with tvdb but not all folders are named in the same way. So if it uses the folder name it will not match some from my database

Last edited:

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Does it use the folder name to reference the tv show? Might need to rename a few of mine before i run it if it does.

Yes it checks the folder name, then it looks for the same folder name inside the mp thumbs tvseries directory. If I was a fancy pants programmer then I'd use the tvseries database to find which folders are used for which tvseries and I could do season posters as well (if appropriate), you could also do stuff like rename/move all your tvseries by a renaming mask etc..

Last edited:

StarWup

Portal Pro
    April 7, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Today I created several folder.jpg because thetvdb.com (again) is unreachable. I promise if anyone offers me an alternative to MP-TV Series and that §$& thetvdb.com I'll be gone as fast as hell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom