Script to help delete scrambled ClearQAM channels (1 Viewer)

jmcentire

Portal Pro
November 7, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I was setting up my QAM channels and when you scan you end up getting like 200 channels and only about 20 are not scrambled and it is a pain to go through each one and delete it, so I made a very simple script to help out.

Here is how it works, the script runs in the background waiting for the "ChannelIsScrambled" message box to come up, when it does the script clicks OK then clicks Delete then Yes. You still have to go through each channel and select Preview, but you won't have to click several times to delete it and then forget which channel you were on. Once you are done going through your channels you can stop the script by right clicking on the green box with an H in it in the taskbar, then select Exit.

Once again this will only delete the channel if it says "ChannelIsScrambled" anything else it won't do anything(I got a few messages about graphs and just deleted those manually. Anyway don't know if anyone else will use this but I thought I would share it anyway.

Thanks

EViS

Portal Pro
September 30, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Sorry to ask the obivous, but how is this different to selecting 'Delete Scrambled' or 'Show FTA Only' in TV Server Config?

jmcentire

Portal Pro
November 7, 2008
Home Country
With my cable(and most of the US) the channels do not have the encrypted flag set(or whatever it is). So the Delete Encrypted button does nothing, to find out if it is scrambled you have to click on the channel then click preview, it will try for a few seconds then come back with a message saying it is scrambled. I haven't seen the "Show FTA Only" before, where is it at and what does it do?

jmcentire

Portal Pro
November 7, 2008
Home Country
The attachment is gone now...here is the actual script:

Code:
SetControlDelay, -1
Loop
{
WinWait, ahk_class #32770, Preview failed:ChannelIsScrambled
ControlClick, Button1, ahk_class #32770
WinWaitActive, MediaPortal - TV Server Configuration
ControlClick, &Delete, MediaPortal - TV Server Configuration
WinWait, ahk_class #32770, Are you sure you want to delete these 1 channels?
ControlClick, Button1, ahk_class #32770
}

If you download Autohotkey, copy the code above to a text file with the extension .ahk
Then you should be able to run it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom